Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 07 GT, It came with K&N CAI, I have flowmaster axle backs exhaust, she seems to run well and decent gas mileage,I was wondering do I need to by a tuner from Brenspeed or Bamachips. The highest octane here in Orange county is 91 , I am not sure what I should do if anything, anyone to give me some ideas, thanks

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
If she is an auto i say a tuner would benefit you more than if you had a stick but it would benefit a stick as well. the tuner will yield you a bit more HP if you switch to 91 octane fuel and plus you can diagnose any codes that you car might throw.

I want to grab a tuner sometime next year when i have more $$$.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
A tuner will help take advantage of the increased air flow of your intake. With a 91 tune, you will notice a nice increase in performance, and if you have an auto trans, it will firm up your shifts.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Get the tuner!!!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the tuner... One of the best bang for your buck mods.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Plus, with the tuner you can read and clear DTC codes on any ODBII equipped vehicle. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Not true... It will only read Ford vehicles. It will error out on anything else.
Well, you're right of course. With the exception that you can also read Mazda. I know that one because I used my SCT on my neighbors Mazda B4000 pickup. Helped him fix his EGR sensor.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Well, you're right of course. With the exception that you can also read Mazda. I know that one because I used my SCT on my neighbors Mazda B4000 pickup. Helped him fix his EGR sensor.
I guess Mazda makes sense! Probably would work on Jaguar too. I tried to use it on my wife's Dodge and daughter's Hyundai and it just laughed at me. :)

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
When I bought my 07 GT, It came with K&N CAI, I have flowmaster axle backs exhaust, she seems to run well and decent gas mileage,I was wondering do I need to by a tuner from Brenspeed or Bamachips. The highest octane here in Orange county is 91 , I am not sure what I should do if anything, anyone to give me some ideas, thanks
Get the X3 from Bama with 93 or 91 custom tunes and you will not regret it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
it can do nothing but good to your car and yourself in the future.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Get it, you will love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SCT X-Cal is the best tuner going for the Ford Mustang right now. You can get one for about $379.00 from performancesolutionracing.com It is probably the best bang for the buck you will ever spend. They are really nice to have. Good Luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.