Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my 1996 Mustang PI swap made 254 RWPH I was not satisfied. I found another mechanic that says that I have an exhaust leak and that the tune in the car is crap. I explained to him that once and a while the car has a horrible Idle. It has like a vacuum leak but I have checked several times and nothing. When I am on the Highway going 80 my RPMs are at 3,000 and I have 3:73 gears and I have adjusted my speedometer. Then when I park the car the the car will idle at 2,000 RPMs. This happens once and awhile several times when I drive my car. The mechanic took out my car for a drive with my tuner plugged in and said it has to much timing. What does that mean? Should I have it re- tuned? It has stage 1 comp cams and Mac long tube headers.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i would probably at least take it to a mustang shop and let them read the tune cuz you are definatley losing power somewhere, if u take it to a good shop and thats not the problem im sure they will know what is

·
Registered
207 Posts
what other bolt-ons do you have? after my PI head swap (stock PI cams) with my bolt-ons I put down 278 rwhp/295 rwtq

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
it has a BBk CAI, 75 t/b plenum, steeda underdrive pullies, and a crappy SCT dyno tune.
See Nate at All Out Performance in Fresno/Clovis, he will dial your car up real nice on the dyno tune:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah he is the one I went to see and he wants to retune it. I am hoping that he can get me some more HP on the dyno.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Knowing Nate, I'm sure he will get the job done:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Wasn't your car the one that had the funky ass dynosheet to begin with? The one where the tuner screwed with the X and Y axis? If that was you, I'd say definitely get it retuned, because if he couldn't setup his dyno correctly, what makes you think he could tune your car right?:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts