Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got asked to race my baby! I feel kind of proud that someone actually asked me to race. The thing is though, we have almost exactly the same car. I have a '94 V6 and he has a '95 V6. The only real diff. that I know of are his tires, he has racing rims and bigger tires. His under body and everything else is completely stock like mine. We also both drive manuals. So, are my chances good? I guess the only real thing to determine is who can drive better!!! :happyhapp

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
lilmiss_stang94 said:
Well, I got asked to race my baby! I feel kind of proud that someone actually asked me to race. The thing is though, we have almost exactly the same car. I have a '94 V6 and he has a '95 V6. The only real diff. that I know of are his tires, he has racing rims and bigger tires. His under body and everything else is completely stock like mine. We also both drive manuals. So, are my chances good? I guess the only real thing to determine is who can drive better!!! :happyhapp
By bigger do you mean wider or taller? If they are wider, he will get a better launch off the line and will beat you, assuming the drivers are equally talented. If they are taller, he will be slower due a reduced gear ratio and you should beat him, again, assuming the drivers are equal. His rims are also probably lighter than yours and that gives him another advantage.

But, there is only one true way to find out if you will beat him or not....RACE HIM!! Don't ask us if you can beat him, go out there and find out. Then tell us about it and share what you learned from the experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i should beat him because of his bigger tire. meaning his engine has to work harded to turn the wheels as fast as your stock wheels. if they are stock.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Just curious, who won?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.