Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i want to know if this supercharger is worth it
PAXTON SUPERCHARGER!

i have a 93 mustang gt with msd ignition,flow master x pipe, and ford racing headers.

how much horse power gain would i get from my current 230

·
Registered
162 Posts
Paxton has a good name. We have a Saleen on our 2005, but I know several people that have the Paxton or Vortec

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
It depends on the deal you get!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I went w/ the Vortech due to the deal I got. Paxton is a good name. If you have the $$$$ then get a Kenny Belle. That would give about 75hp. but youd need some more mods.

That one however look like sh*t and is missing some parts Id pass!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Vortech owns Paxton.

Always assume that it needs a rebuild and this 'deal' looks like it's missing a bunch of parts!:gringreen

Find a parts list. Estimate the cost of the parts that are missing. Figure in the cost of a rebuild and a tune and the figure will go over $1500 easily....

...Speed cost money! How fast do you want to go?:hihi:

·
Registered
77 Posts
If I were you I'd ask the seller if he could just take the pics in complete darkness. And that way he could say it is made of GOLD to!!!:gringreen

Before you waste your time, tell him to take some better pics and send them to you. If everything looks good then go have a look see. Check the impeller shaft for movement. If there is a lot of play there you will need a minor rebuild (bearings and seals). If it's all there like he say's "it could be a good deal" for $600.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That looks like an old SN93 model, and if it is it's most likely in need for a complete rebuild. Nothing at all wrong with a Paxton, and for $600 it's not too bad considering the condition it's in. Question is are you willing to do what it needs to get it in running condition again?
If it can add 8 psi like he claims, you'll go from that 230 up to 310-315.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.