Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 mustang GT. I've had this pony from its birth up until now. I love this pony because it has all my little personalized changes which no other pony on these NYC streets have. Its been some what injured in the last year. The power just isn't there any more, not to mention all the new breeds is packing 300+ compared to its little injured 225 stock numbers.

The question is do I fix my little pony and continue to love it, or should I let her go and take her out of her misery?

Part of the problem is, i don't have the cash to buy a new one. And even if I did, I would rather buy a benz. I am more older now and need a more relaxed everyday car. However, I know I have those days when i just want to saddle up and ride out. Chew up some rubber and and draw pacaso's in the middle of the street. Not to mention the costume sound system from my wonder years can still bend windows two - three blocks away.

If i get a new anything, i won't do any thing costume because that has its own issues at time.

what should I do, should I hold on to her or let her go?

S

·
0 Posts
I think you'd regret it if you let her go. That's just me but I get emotionally attached to things.

I would keep her and put the money in to her little by little to get her running straight and looking good.

The SN95's have personality and I'll never get rid of our 96GT no matter what.

Keep us posted and let us know what you do!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
256 Posts
Keep her even if she sits there for a long time, put away a little money for a nice crate motor, drop it in and watch how that old stallion becomes your new Trojan Horse

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of her in her prime.

She is not to far from that body wise neither, I just changed her noise and the rims. I have to get the fuel pump fixed if i want to at lest get her back on the road, but I do need engine modifications if i want to get that feel of power back.

But thank you guys for your opinion, it surly will help me feel better about what ever decision I make.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice Ride ! No way I would get rid of it ! Especially if you have it paid for. Drive it when you can. Save you pennies and upgrade it. A PI swap would put you on par with the new edge crowd. Just a thought....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dont let it go you will hate yourself for it especially when you see one rip past you that will really get you thinkin

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have made the mistake of selling cars in the past only to regret it. keep it cover it up fix it up when you can.

I was just about to sell mine recently before I come to my senses. Its not eating nothing parked in the garage. I may buy a new one in the future but the 01 will die with me. to many memories and good ones at that.

S

·
0 Posts
Put it this way... I'm not rich by any means but that's why I have 3 Stangs.

Emotionally... attached.

:bigthumbsup:gringreen

·
Registered
424 Posts
Keep it man, I used to have a 97 v6 before i got the GT and i miss the hell out of that car. Plus yours looks pretty nice man. build it back up. if you mod it and start smoking newer gts you will feel even better about it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know what youre going through. I just sold my 96GT after two years. I have been in love with stangs since I was a little kid and it was my first. I put it up for sale last summer and eventually took the ad down because I couldn't bring myself to separate with her. After another year and another year to examine the imperfections that bugged me here and there I put it up for sale again. Less than two hours later the future buyer contacts me. Two days after that he tells me he is going to buy it even though he hadn't even seen or heard it yet outside of the pics I sent him and his wife. We arranged to make the deal sunday. My younger sister who is in basic training in missouri calls me at 10AM sunday with a mixture of anxiety and sadness because she heard I was selling me car. She said when she got out (June 10th) she would buy it if I didn't sell it to the guy that day. Unfortunately the buyer was grossly excited about the car and I decided it was far too late to tell him I would not sell it to him. Now my car is gone and my sister who is getting out of basic in less than 3 weeks at the time is upset because she loved my car and wanted to take it off my hands for me.... I was pretty bummed for the rest of that day. I lost my baby and disappointed my baby sister.

Fortunately before selling my car I had done research in the market to see what was out there and how much I could pick up a new edge for. I found a car down in Monticello /Congers area ( bout 20 min outside NYC). It was a 5 hour drive each way but he was a great guy and gave me his clean and tight 99GT for 7K$. Came with CAI, leather, tint, mach 460 sound, and two spare amps ready for subs, and power everything.

Anyways to wrap this up. I think the result can go either way. You could keep it and mod it to and keep your history. Then you wont regret letting a good thing go. (same applies to girls, funny cause I just went through the same deal with my gf of a few years) ....but then again change can be good. I love my new gt. Its newer, fewer miles, more power to work from, meaner body curves and snout, less imperfections, and most noticeably a tighter suspension and steering.

It is possible to move on and find something new (although two years is a lot different from 10+ years) and it can be a good thing. You dont have to look at it as a sad situation of loss. Maybe instead you can look at it as youve had your time together and its time your car can make somebody else as happy as it made you.....and time for you to find a new project to make your own

·
Registered
413 Posts
keep it !! i love my 00 GT and don't think i could possibly EVER sell it !! no matter what !! but my fiance is preg. and we just traded in her 02 V6 stang for a 09 kia ... 10 miles on it when we bought it .. her stang had over 198,XXX miles on it ... EVERY day she wishes (and so do i ) that we never got rid of it !! that car put us thru hell and back but we miss it soooo much.. you'll def regret it bro ! just fix it up !!

if your car looks like that pic it's SICK !! i've never seen one like that ... i love it !! DEF keep it !!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Usually I dont like aftermarket body kits but your car looks good man, especially with those wheels. I say keep her and fix her up as much as you can, I think you will be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Keep it and fix it. Its ALWAYS easier to see green grass over in the other pasture... My experience is that its really cheaper to fix something you own than to pay bank payments.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dude, keep it. We may not be the fastest on the road but we own a piece of history. Im sure if you think back on it the memories youve had in that car will bring a weary smile to your face, a streak of sadness and self hate will probably run through you for even thinking about selling her.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Definetely keep that stang bro! And man your mustang looks hella hella good and trust me bro I dont say that about too many SN95 I mean i think that they're nice and all but im biased to the SN95 new edge stangs but man yours is nice!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is a pic of her in her prime.

She is not to far from that body wise neither, I just changed her noise and the rims. I have to get the fuel pump fixed if i want to at lest get her back on the road, but I do need engine modifications if i want to get that feel of power back.

But thank you guys for your opinion, it surly will help me feel better about what ever decision I make.
I think you should keep her. She is very pretty and very well loved for sure. I love my girl, even though she is....a bit sad right now.

If you do decide to let her go, don't just sell her to anyone, find someone who will love her like you did. And that way, if you regret it later, they can give her/sell her back to you...I know a few people like that...:scratchchin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.