Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating on wether or not to put dual exhaust on my V6. I've heard people's V6s with dual exhaust, and they just sound too much like a tuner to me. I looked at a Borla single exhaust kit, and it says its supposed to improve the HP by double digits, but I'm wondering what it will sound like (No sound bite). I guess I'm just wondering if it will sound better to stay with a single exhaust, rather than go dual, and if the dual exhaust will add that much more power, or if it's fairly close between the two.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
in a nut shell, duals will not get you much if any more power. but..sound wise, looks wise the answer is yes.:bigthumbsup thats my vote

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
the v6 is going to sound kinda like an import no matter what, your best bet is just to make it sound good in the lower rpms, mine sounds like an amazing v8 with an o/r y pipe... turbo... and american thunder mufflers

to go for a v8 sound u need a v8, no way around it

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can get a great sounding V6, but it still sounds like what it is, a V6. There is only one exception and that is if you get some Cam work done. If you get Cam work your car can sound exceptional, even better than a V8.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts

In a word, YES!

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
my american thunders are a bit deeper than that pypes set up
sound really good till u get past about 4 grand tehn it gets raspy. but for general driveing/ revving they sound bad

·
Registered
35 Posts
wait mine sound bad??? ive always thought they sounded good :confused:

or wait bad as in good....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.