Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its now been 135 days since I ordered my GT. The car was built 72 days ago. It still sits on a lot, ramp, deck, whatever, in Flat Rock Mich. I have talked to dealers, customer service, factory reps and even the truckers hauling the cars. I have emailed and written snail mail to Bill Ford, the board of directors and customer relations. The answers I always get is either no answer at all, we don't know, contact your dealer, its on the way, will be here any day, its on quality hold, its about to be released, we are sorry, please hang in there, don't buy a Camaro, there have been 11 stop shipment holds on a total of 2800 Mustangs and yours is one of them and others I don't even remember. I have given out my VIN so many times I have it memorized. I have offered to drive up and get it and was told I cant do that but the dealer can which was a lie because the dealer tried and was told "I was misinformed", the dealer cant go get it either. Bottom line is no matter what I do I can't get the car here. So now I have talked to a different dealer, the largest Ford dealer in Ohio who claims he has "buying power" I used to think he was full of **** when he said that but now Im thinking maybe he does. While every other dealer around here has 2-3 Mustangs on the lot, he has 40. Unfortunately none of them are near what I ordered. He claims he is getting his orders in 3-6 weeks and he can have me a car by the end of August if I order now. So should I cancel and re order off this guy? My wife says as soon as I do my original order will show up and be sold to someone else and I'll still be waiting. On the other hand if my car has been through 11 stop shipments for quality checks, what the hell would I be getting, a lemon? The new order would be built as job 2 with improvements built in. I really am sick of waiting, my patience is just about gone!! Has anyone cancelled and re ordered their car?

Sorry for the long post!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,305 Posts
If it is Job 2, you would be looking at mid September I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Forget IT!! End of August Really means END of September or later, and Then Forget it!! Seasons OVER!!! Do you really want to go ALL SUMMER without one?? I Sure don't, thats why I bought off Dealer Stock...there were a few concessions I had to make but not worth LOSING a Whole Year(Season) over..Hell I'm 50 now, Life TOO Short!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Buying power means he has more allocations.
Tell your dealer to produce the vehicle in 10 days or you will cancel.
I'll bet he will do anything he can do get his hands on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Forget IT!! End of August Really means END of September or later, and Then Forget it!! Seasons OVER!!! Do you really want to go ALL SUMMER without one?? I Sure don't, thats why I bought off Dealer Stock...there were a few concessions I had to make but not worth LOSING a Whole Year(Season) over..Hell I'm 50 now, Life TOO Short!!

ditto except i am 40 lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Before reordering, i would have a car lined up from a dealer. Hopefully you can find one in stock close to waht you ordered. Ronn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
I think I would reorder. What may have been wrong with your first ordered car will be done correctly the first time, not an after OOPS or who really knows for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
Reorder.

There are few that I know of here in NJ that are dealer stock and for sale.

What did you order, v6 or 5.0, color, options, manual or auto?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Jack, I would reorder. Cancel your order and get your deposit back. Since the dealer your dealing with is D**** you around, i recommend taking you business else where.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Hope you're not talking about Fred and his "We're Dealin" Dealership. They over-promise and under-deliver and won't budge off MSRP. Hence the reason why a dealer in upstate NY got my order instead of one around here with "buying power". Their game seems to be to lure you in by what evers means then trying to get you to compromise on your car choice. Who knows, you might be speaking of another dealer.
PS Go Bucks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Hope you're not talking about Fred and his "We're Dealin" Dealership. They over-promise and under-deliver and won't budge off MSRP. Hence the reason why a dealer in upstate NY got my order instead of one around here with "buying power". Their game seems to be to lure you in by what evers means then trying to get you to compromise on your car choice. Who knows, you might be speaking of another dealer.
PS Go Bucks!
Just out of curiousity, which dealer in upstate NY? I'm in upstate NY.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Go Bucks!

Anyways I have a 2 dealers up here by cleveland that i respectfully and would deliver. Also are you getting X or A plan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Just out of curiousity, which dealer in upstate NY? I'm in upstate NY.
Call up Paul Bower at Van Bortel in East Rochester. $300 under invoice on ordered Mustangs. He is Karpro (I think) on this site. Tell him Jeff from Columbus sent you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Tough decision, but it's your decision. We can tell you what we think we would do, but it all comes down to what makes you comfortable.
Are you going to drive your Mustang in the winter? If so, you could cancel and reorder a Job #2.
If your storing the Mustang for the winter months, you could wait for your original delivery.
Again, it's up to you. Do you feel comfortable with a car that's been held so long? You've got a lot to consider before you make the decision.

Good Luck!!:bigthumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Call up Paul Bower at Van Bortel in East Rochester. $300 under invoice on ordered Mustangs. He is Karpro (I think) on this site. Tell him Jeff from Columbus sent you.
Ah, Rochester area, I'm 3-4 hours northeast of there. We consider that southern NY, lol. I ordered mine through my local dealership in Lowville, I've know the salesman for 10 years. I bought my Focus DD when I ordered my Mustang so he cut be a break on both of them. I'm just always curious how everyone classifies "upstate NY".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Haha sorry. I have friends in Syracuse and they call that upstate. My bad lol. I guess its more western NY? I fail at geography.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope you're not talking about Fred and his "We're Dealin" Dealership. They over-promise and under-deliver and won't budge off MSRP. Hence the reason why a dealer in upstate NY got my order instead of one around here with "buying power". Their game seems to be to lure you in by what evers means then trying to get you to compromise on your car choice. Who knows, you might be speaking of another dealer.
PS Go Bucks!
Actually yea it is Freds 'we're dealin" dealership who wants to reorder the car. I've bought several cars there and always been treated decent. When I originally ordered they wouldn't budge off sticker so I ended up out in Johnstown who gave me $3050 off msrp which was invoice. However now Freds boys say they will match the price if I reorder but....................... I got a phone call today from my dealer. I had given him the number to Ralph at AAI. I thought they might have better luck at contacting him than me since they were a dealer. Well it worked! AAI told them there was a back log, due to QC checks, of over 8000 Mustangs waiting to be shipped as of the first of June. They have been shipping like crazy since then and with the plant summer shutdown of 2 weeks they are almost caught up with about 800 cars still to be shipped. Naturally one of them is mine. So my dealer had them look up my history and the fact it has been sitting up there for so long, he agreed that it should have been shipped by now and flagged it for shipment on the next truck heading for central Ohio. They have to have a full truck but it can be other cars besides Stangs. So he says it will be shipped no later than this weekend and should be here by the middle of next week. He assured the dealer that there were no major problems with any of the Stangs held for checks, just little things like the anti-freeze coolant sticker reported here a couple months ago. So.... we will see if it comes in and I will go over it with a fine tooth comb! Needless to say I am jacked but I am going to hit up the dealer for the extended warranty as a "peace offering' like in peace of mind!!

PS - Go BlueJackets!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
ReOrder or Wait

Living in area with several dealers to choose from, I'd use FORDVEHICLES.com and search every city in your region for another Mustang. I've been waiting since mid-freakin march, watching guys on line report May orders being rewarded in a couple weeks. My car hasn't been built, I do have a Vin.. that's it. My problem is, living in Maine there are no dealers large enough to choose an alternative..without driving to Boston.
Anyway, If my stang doesn't arrive my the 2nd week of August, I'm canceling and will order another one or craft a deal in the winter months when dealers are hungry. Last April, I sold my Vette and Lund Alaskan (made my wife happy) to generate cash and now I'm board out of my red sox without toys.

Frustrating to say the least.

One more observation / question.. What's up with dealer's stock selecting "Security Package" as the only option? I have insurance...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top