Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take my car into the shop in a few days for an annoying wind noise on the rear triangle window. It is almost like something broke the seal, and is pretty loud when you are on the freeway. What I want to know is if I should put my stock CAI and stock tune back on the car or should I just leave it?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If you ask me, CAI and Tune is not a big deal, they probably won't check those things anyway.

However, if you are going in for a wind noise complaint, I would possibly pull the CAI only.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It would depend on your dealer. Mine is honest about the warranty issue and they don't care about the tunes, CAI, or other mods, as long as the mods are not the cause of the problems. I personally don't know why in the world the shop would even open the hood to fix a window.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Like whisgolf sated, it depends on your dealer. I would specifically state, when you drop it off, that you are only there for the 1/4 window and nothing else. Other than that I'd leave it alone.

R

·
0 Posts
Dealers love to say they're "ok" with mods. When it comes time to pay up for a serious problem, you bet your ass they'll try to blame any modification they can.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I take my cai off when I take my car in for dealership work. I'm gonna return it back to stock from now on to. Better be safe than have them record it in their system and if a power train problem pops up they can just blame it on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts