Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 v6 mustang, i want to put 4.10 gears and trac-loc on the 7.5" rear end but what would be better

should i swap the 7.5" rear end for the 8.8" rear end that has the 4.10 gears and trac-loc already on it or should i just get the gears and trac-loc for the the 7.5" rear end.

opinions are appreciated

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well to get gears it will be about $260 (you can get cheaper ones but they have a bad reputation for $200), a t-lok is about $210, a master install kit is about $110. So far that puts you at $580. I recently checked into installation prices and for gears my quote was about $400. Thats close to $1000. You could get a complete 8.8 already assembled at newtakeoff.com for under that and probably put that on yourself. Or have it done for $100. Then you would have a stronger set up if you added power later.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well to get gears it will be about $260 (you can get cheaper ones but they have a bad reputation for $200), a t-lok is about $210, a master install kit is about $110. So far that puts you at $580. I recently checked into installation prices and for gears my quote was about $400. Thats close to $1000. You could get a complete 8.8 already assembled at newtakeoff.com for under that and probably put that on yourself. Or have it done for $100. Then you would have a stronger set up if you added power later.

:bigthumbsup This guys is right.

·
Banned
9,023 Posts
i paid $150 for gears, solid and happy, 220 t loc and 75 for bearing kit.... but 300 for install!

if ur gonna be makeign a ton of HP upgrade if not, the 7.5 is good for a few hundred horses. nothing bolt ons will ever get you too other than t/c s/c n/i.

however for the 8.8 theres a ton more ratios availble.

i kept my 7.5 and love it :) they 8.8's out there are not that bad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i think im gonna go with the 8.8" from new take off thank you for all of your information:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
561 Posts
Glad to be some help. Are you planning on installing it yourself?

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
That's a smart decision with that 8.8 there will be less probabilities of failing at hard launches etc..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i finally saved nough to order my 8.8. think im gonna order next week sometime though, gotta send my livewire in to fix the screen so i can make the adjustment for 3:73's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.