Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen the cobra yet, but it's a 2nd owner, unmodified car, with 97k miles. This is the ad for my car:

1966 Ford Mustang

if that doesn't work...

1966 A-code Mustang coupe, 3-speed manual transmission, power steering, recently restored pony interior (with rare center console), recent dual exhaust system, Holley carb,and styled steel wheels with new tires. All factory air conditioning components are present, but compressor is not connected. The color is Emberglo, although it is not factory color it is unique to 1966. Minor rust bubbles at lower door panels. Car is very clean, drives awesome, stick shift is fun and power steering is nice. I've also recently installed Petronix Ignitor II and Flamethrower coil. If you have any questions please feel free to email

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hold on to this beauty.

Two words...Barrett Jackson. Have you seen the price of vintage cars lately? Don't get me wrong, the newer 'stangs will start to creep up in value as time goes on, as I am starting to see with my own 91 GT, but I would say hold on to it. If anything, buy yourself a nice late model Cobra for $7000-9000 and have fun with that instead. I still regret selling my mint, un-restored 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme that my parents gave me when I turned 16, just because I wanted something front-wheel drive with better gas mileage! Don't be like me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do not trade that car.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I wouldn't trust a trade with another car. He obviously thinks its an awesome deal so it would seem shady to me. You will definately regret it. wouldn't be nearly as fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's a ton of newer cars out there, how many 65-66 cars do you see. It's up to you. You'll make the right dececion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dont trade. not worth it and even if the trade car is nice its not the head turner the classics have. Besides they dont build them like they used to.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Only cobra worth trading is the 03/04 the rest don't have a blower.Yeah keep your car he would get the better end of the deal if you traded.

·
Registered
247 Posts
keep your classic! They are getting harder to find every day. 90s mustangs are a dime a dozen and imo some of the worst stangs ever made.

·
Registered
117 Posts
without seeing the cobra hard to tell. have i seen the price of old cars lately? yes i have and they suck. they don't build them like they used to? thank god! while they had styling and yes they are not making anymore,but being able to start,stop, and handle in turns really can't be beat. just my two cents. if he was closer to me i would say send him my way i'll trade him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm torn, because I see cars in better shape than mine going for less money than the kbb value of a Cobra, and while I like my car, special cars (i.e. GT's and fastbacks) seem to be better investments. There are many many coupes out there, although mine is an A-code w/ factory center console, PS, and A/C.:?::?:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I say do what you want. Take it for a drive and see how it feels. If you like it better then trade it...

If it were me though, I would not do it...03-04 Termi maybe...

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
for sure keep it. 99 Mustangs (Cobra or not) are a dime a dozen. But I'd be careful with 'minor rust bubbles.' A bubble is normally an indicator that the metal underneath is rotted, and the only way to fix that is with new metal.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Also, there's nothing spectacular about a 99 mustang, even if it is a cobra. late model/last decade mustangs are a dime a dozen...you see them everywhere.

Your 66 on the other hand is going to turn heads, or in the cases of people like me, snap necks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The cool thing about you classic is that it can be upgraded to handle like a new car with any of the new "bolt on" stuff out there.We all know about all the mod optiond out there these days.. I know that effects the value some....But you still have that classic look and body. If someone wants a parts original car, you just put the originals back on and sell it for a lor of money That cobra iwont be worth what yours is...ever..... If it was me, there is no way in hell I would buy,sell or trade for an 80's or 90's car against a straight clean classic...Thats just me man.....Have fun

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 65 A code fastback, I wouldnt hesitate to trade it in, almost did for supercharged 99 Cobra SVT but he backed off. Unless your going to spend a WHOLE LOT of cash to get a vintage car to concours, they arent worth all that much. I personally am looking for a modern riding, much faster machine. That being said, the old cars do get the looks and constant attention, had my fun with that time to move on...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.