Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a repair body shop left your air filter out in the open on the ground when they disassemble your car is it a good idea to replace the air filter?

·
Registered
343 Posts
at that point i would just upgrade to cotton fiber, but you said youre not too fond of the oiling... i guess i would just go with another factory airfilter...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I would replace it.....Fram, but i would spend the extra money on a K&N filter...

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at that point i would just upgrade to cotton fiber, but you said youre not too fond of the oiling... i guess i would just go with another factory airfilter...
sO WHICH BRAND OF PAPER FILTER WOULD BE THE BEST. ALSO SOMEO F THOSE K & n FILTERS ARE CONE FILTER AND THE FACTORY FILTER IS A SQUARE SHAPED FILTER. wHICH ONE IS BETTER AND WHY?

·
Registered
842 Posts
u can get a K&N like the stock one, box style...cone is better as air can enter from all sides of the filer...it also has more cubic inches of surface area....the box has limited area where it draws air from...

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You can also get a cotton fabric filter that isn't oiled if you prefer a non oiled filter.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hey there...just to give ya a heads up...you can get on ebay and get a cold-air kit for your ride for pretty cheap...i paid 29.95 w/ shipping for mine...there easy to install, will look kewl, and add some extra horses!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
IS IT BECAUSE THE FILTER GETS DIRTY? HOW DO YOU TELL IF IT IS DIRTY THEN?
WHAT PAPER FILTER WOULD BE RECOMMENDED AS THERE ARE FEW BRANDS OUT THERE
hold it up to the light. if you can not see any light through it then its done and needs to be replaced. Just because they set the filter on the ground doesnt mean that it needs to be replaced. In most likely hood they set it on the filter side, so meaning even if you put it back in your car, the contaminants if any would not go into your engine.

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hold it up to the light. if you can not see any light through it then its done and needs to be replaced. Just because they set the filter on the ground doesnt mean that it needs to be replaced. In most likely hood they set it on the filter side, so meaning even if you put it back in your car, the contaminants if any would not go into your engine.
:bigthumbsupThanks I did put it up to the light so I ended up with getting a Fram filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.