Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang! You know we bought our beautiful 2012 vert on Wed right? Well I got an email w/ a link to current offers. Stupid me clicked on it to see available incentives, not thinking they would have changed. We were happy w/ our deal, $200 over invoice, w/ our $750 personal customer cash. We did the $500 in customer cash w/ 2.9% financing, planning on paying off in less than a year. Well guess what? Now they have the $500 PLUS $1000 Promotional Retail Bonus Customer cash or 0% financing! We probably could have gotten at the very least 0% w/ the $500! Less than 4 days later!

I don't even think I'm gonna tell my husband since the paperwork is all done and there's nothing to be done about it. He's a numbers guy & this would just make him sick! He's happy with the car & I don't want to take away from that. But still!!!! It never fails does it! :yelwacko:

·
Registered
153 Posts
so what did u end up spending?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's a 2012 V6 vert Prem, Auto. Rapid SPc 202A. V6 Pony Package. Rear Decklid Spoiler, Mustang Logo Front Mats. Painted side mirror. Sticker was 34,740. After all the add-ons, tax, title, etc. it was around $33,400. Red Candy Metallic is an additional $395 on the price. Realizing the $160 additional convertible boot cover will be a waste for us & will be just sitting in the garage...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well that's a bunch of crap that it is only on the V6. Maybe by July (or might even be August) when our car comes in the incentives will be better for the GT coupe.

All that matters is you are happy with the car. It's just like most things, after you buy you usually find a better deal. Oh well.

Enjoy you top down fun!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know! That's why I'm not even gonna tell hubby about it. I'll forget about it soon enough..he'll never forget about it! :nono: Can't wait until tomorrow when we finally get to take her out for a ride! Have to go get the tag & take care of insurance stuff & look into some type of protective floor mats. I'm also realizing that we may need to buy something special for cleaning the stang, particularly the top?!? Also gotta order a spare tire & whatever goes w/ that. Good thing my husband loves me so much. This car is costing us some money! :winks

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just bought a 2012 GT 5.0 last Saturday . I got it at 300 over invoice before the 500 dollar and the 750 dollar rebates kicked it .
I'm happy with that .
You did allright so enjoy you new ride .

·
Registered
532 Posts
No worries... it is what it is, and you got a good car at a good price!! Enjoy!! :yup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still feeling good about it! We took it out today to run errands, get tag, etc. & it was really the first time hubby really got to drive it & I think he really enjoyed it. Can't wait 'til we can get it out on the highway.

We went to our local Ford place to the parts dept who sent us to the tire/oil change dept to look into buying a spare tire. They were no help at all. Their customer service sucked. Were ignored at the 1st desk before they sent us over to the other dept. The other dept had a bunch of guys that looked at us like we were crazy, w/ one guy all leaning back in a chair & acting like we were stupid & saying it had a doughnut in there...uh no, it doesn't, I think we would know this. Finally one guy said he guessed he could order us a rim? & put a ??? on it? I don't know. He wanted to send us back to the 1st dept.

By this point I was steaming. Usually my husband can have a short temper, but I'm as sweet as sugar :yelpleased: so I keep him calm when dealing w/ idiots, but I was so po'd that I told hubby forget this & hubby said we'd call the dealership we bought the car from 70 miles away & get them to order it. And we left! Here's hoping we have better luck w/ the original dealer!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Glad you posted this, looks like I'll be able to take advantage of it provided my car shows up somewhere around its current ETA. The 0% for 36 months is pretty nice, but for the amount I'm financing I think I'll come out ahead if I take the extra $1000 and hopefully get 0.9 or 1.9% for 36 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.