Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
i hate automatics becuase a kid in my school thinks hes the next john force because he has an automatic gto if your gunna street race u cant be respected unless ur driving manual. The exception is if your making like 8 or 9 second street passes with an auto thats alright because at that point its to fast to shift it yourself

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i hate automatics becuase a kid in my school thinks hes the next john force because he has an automatic gto if your gunna street race u cant be respected unless ur driving manual. The exception is if your making like 8 or 9 second street passes with an auto thats alright because at that point its to fast to shift it yourself
I don't respect street racers auto or stick!:nono:

·
Registered
128 Posts
you gotta by me the closest track is etown and thats 3 hours a way so u gotta take it to the streets like 231(dpa)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
okay so you hate automatics because one cocky kid?

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea i think you shouldnt be driving one unless you need to i feel like theres not even close to as much skill need to drivin an auto oover a manual

·
Registered
41,828 Posts
yea i think you shouldnt be driving one unless you need to i feel like theres not even close to as much skill need to drivin an auto oover a manual
My friend there is no truth to that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jaron, don't worry about it. Once you get out of High School none of that crap matters. I had a 98 Z28 with basic mods(air lid, 3000 stall converter and tranny cooler, flowmaster, nittos, and a wet 100 shot) and ran 11.9's consistantly. My 60 ft times rocked any stick! I do prefer a stick myself for fun factor, but Auto when done right is a better strip car anyday. I used a Yank converter with a low STR ratio and I got much more kick, an aggressive sound due to the stall, and a big jump in 1/4 mile times and MPH. Check out the link, might be what you are looking for. . Yank Performance . Ford Torque Converters . Mustang . Ford Harley Davidson

·
Registered
956 Posts
I hate people saying how AODs are junk, I have one, wasn't looking for an AOD car but the car was cheap, and how many 88 Ttop cars do you see with automatics? Mine has been rebuilt with better guts and 4r70w gears with a shift kit and a B&M converter, I would have liked a manual but the automatic is fun, esspecially when it shifts into 2nd and leaves 3-5 feet of rubber

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i didnt even choose to have an automatic AND i gotta admit i didnt even want a mustang, because my two brothers, my dad, and my sister all had one.

so i got bought a 1988 Camaro Iroc-Z28 for my first car, (5speed)
it was supposed to have 70k miles

after about 3 days of having the car it turned to a piece of crap, randomly too...

it all turned out the dealership lied** it actually had 170k miles. so we took the hunk of **** back and traded it for my mustang, and actually really happy that all happend... because mustangs grew on me and my love for camaro's slowly died away..

·
Registered
504 Posts
well you can run more consistant E.T's at the track with an auto.....then drive home with mcdonalds in the other hand... and still whip ricer ass...for a everyday ownage an auto is better...for a weekend fighter a 5sp is better..jus how it is lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts