Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey to all, It's my first time here so take it easy on me ..My stang needs help.
its running rich on all cylinedrs,MY mods are C&L mass air,30#ford injectors,70mm bbk throttle body,cobra intake,cam,long tube headers,331 stroked,msd ignition,C4 trans,3.90rear....it was running great but like i said its running very rich,all cylinders..I'v changed the mass air element,bap sensor,checked the tps,changed to a 130amp alt, 38# of fuel pressure but nothing is workin..no 02 sensors on this car..i bougt this car allready done. Any ideas :eyebulge:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Get some O2s on it and go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

your not the first one that said something about the 02 sensor,I'll write it down on my to do list I've been talking to alot of good people ,thanks.. I will post the fix to this problem when it gets fixed ...IT was running strong before this issue,so if you come up with any other ideas please let me know...thanks

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Gforce said:
your not the first one that said something about the 02 sensor,I'll write it down on my to do list I've been talking to alot of good people ,thanks.. I will post the fix to this problem when it gets fixed ...IT was running strong before this issue,so if you come up with any other ideas please let me know...thanks
Make sure your Mass Air element is flashed for the 30# injectors too, rather than the 19# stockers. The car has to be running off the computer's base program, rather than what the sensors are telling it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yes it is set up for 30# injectors and the guy i got it from said there was some cumputor mods,what is left to check or change out in this curcit.i changed the mass air sensor,bap (map) sensor,checked the throttle sensor,changed out the altinator to a 130amp,called msd about the distibutor,I have sat around the house for two days waitting on a guy to call . he has a computor that i can change it out with.Otherwise i might have to pay big bucks to get one and that might not be it, OR is that all that is left to replace in that curcit....It was running strong and sharp on the peddle.
thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
O2s will help but you also need to clock the C&L meter. Rotate the meter a little at a time till you run leaner. This will take time but to start have the tube at the 2 oclock position which seems to be the most common to get the meter to operate correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thanks speedy..i will look into this and get back,to let you know..it will be friday before i can get back to it..its driven me nuts it was running great ,,,ive been pecking at it for a mounth...if you come up with any other ideas please write back i have been checking for feed back every nite..thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trouble,

Guess WHAT,Itook my mass air meter off and found that the TUBE is missing,from the inside (speedytang) I'm not sure what it looks like but it is not there for the 30# injector --- where did it go ,,,where do i get another--- I looked into the throttle body and didn't see it so i took off the plenum,,Couldnt hear nothing in it .I tryed to look down into the intake, for what i could see i didn't see the tube WHAT are it's dimensions of the tube,,,will it be able to go to the valves,,,AM i going to have to take off my intake:eyebulge:...........thanks to meangreen,speedytang, I got this far.....HELP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.