Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any one makeing the side exhaust for the 07 GT's besides the one Cervini's makes. I have been on the normal sites like roush, borla, magnaflow and so on. Just haven't found any listings on the sites. If anyone knows of anyone please post a reply. Cervini's looks great just want to see if there are any other options.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
BBR and Ronele but they are both the same pretty much. Cervini's has the best looking side exhaust if you ask me.

The only down fall is that it loops back from behind the axl's its not real side exhaust.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the only 07 GT's I have seen with the side exhaust has been the Cervini's kit. I was probably going to use there side skirts for the exhaust but I wanted a better sounding exhaust like borla or something. Theirs uses some off brand I have never herd of. I didn't even know it wrapped around the axle like that, I am glad I didn't order it now.

BBR and Ronele but they are both the same pretty much. Cervini's has the best looking side exhaust if you ask me.

The only down fall is that it loops back from behind the axl's its not real side exhaust.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
off brand? They are Magnaflo Magna Packs. Do some research on them they are one of the best axle backs around in quality.

Also it really does not make a difference in power if it wraps around my car will make 700rwhp with there side exhaust and if you do some thread digging on my last dyno run my exhaust is honestly the best I have heard.

Cervini's does not use any off brands at all they are one of the highest in quality companies around.

Even if the side exhaust does loose HP i doubt it is any thing major and nothing that any one could feel. I am not really worried about a small amount of power lose for them if there is any.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Their website shows Magna Force that is why I said that. I didn't even pay attention that it was Magnaflo Magna force. They left off the Magnaflo. I have read a couple of different articles on here and a couple of other forums about whether you loose HP or not with the side exhaust and you seem to get mixed responses. I guess the dyno would tell who is right. But I am the same as you, I would rather loose a couple of HP to get the look on my car that the side exhaust gives. Just makes the car look so nice. The way you wrote your response I thought you were saying I would loose a lot due to the exhaust being bent back.

off brand? They are Magnaflo Magna Packs. Do some research on them they are one of the best axle backs around in quality.

Also it really does not make a difference in power if it wraps around my car will make 700rwhp with there side exhaust and if you do some thread digging on my last dyno run my exhaust is honestly the best I have heard.

Cervini's does not use any off brands at all they are one of the highest in quality companies around.

Even if the side exhaust does loose HP i doubt it is any thing major and nothing that any one could feel. I am not really worried about a small amount of power lose for them if there is any.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
no the amount of power axle backs actually change is very minimal if you lose any thing i would probably guess 1-3 hp but I highly doubt it though because if curvature effected hp then turbo systems and centrifugal would be a waste of money because of the amount of tubing air has to travel.

As long as the bends are done perfectly and does not change the exhausts velocity there should be no reason. If that was the case you would lose power with exhaust systems like flowmaster what use chambers to create there sounds because it is not as free flowing but you really do not.

Im interested in big power. If a mod only gives me 5-10 hp I really am not interested in it unless it supports my system to make it run more efficient. Mods like throttle bodies and Spacers really do not catch my eye because I know I can make 700rwhp with the stock TB the only reason why I want a different one is because the stock one is UGLY but so is all the after market ones that will work for a stock manifold. To me 150$ for 5-10 hp that some mods claim are a waste of money I would rather save that money for bigger future mods. Or other great supporting mods for suspension.

Even stuff for just show. This is way off topic but to me if you are staying N/A and have all ready done exhaust, CAI, CMDV then thats really all the horse power mods you need unless you start to go for internals or Nitrous. Spending money on a throttle body, TB Spacer, UDP's to me I would prefer to buy some UCA and LCA and a Drive Shaft Even. Even though those mods are cheap and easy HP, I just never saw a difference in power when I was NA with those mods at all. I felt the most when I got my custom tune.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just took the side exit off my car. It did not run over the axles it does wrap around in front of the axle though. I ran with flowmaster hushpower 2 with the resonators

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
plan on puttin pounds of wax on your rocker panels..i love the sideouts on stangs but on a white one it's tricky with the exhaust buildup

·
Registered
232 Posts
Try this company, Bash Performance. When you go to their site, first click on "vehicles", then click on the Orange Mustang, then click on "stage 2", then "specifications" at the bottom. You will see exhaust listed there. This may be available seperate.

BASH PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I realize that I'm bringing up an old thread here, but I really didn't want to make a new one just for one question.

How do you cover up the rear cutouts in the bumper? Or what do you do to the bumper to cover them up?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Has anyone seen any one makeing the side exhaust for the 07 GT's besides the one Cervini's makes. I have been on the normal sites like roush, borla, magnaflow and so on. Just haven't found any listings on the sites. If anyone knows of anyone please post a reply. Cervini's looks great just want to see if there are any other options.
Jeremy with Hardkore Metal Finishing is current working on side exhaust for the S197. In about three weeks they should be ready to ship. He's taking pre-orders on them till the end of the month, then it'll be full retail.

Video

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I say piece it together yourself. I have a 2007 V6 Mustang that used to have side pipes on it... I installed an xpipe that led directly into two five inch round borla mufflers then had the pipe at a 45 degree angle towards the outside. The only problem with this setup was that the pipes ended up below the two gas tanks which caused them to scrape, so instead I would advise doing what the cervinis kit does; wrapping the pipes around the tanks which will make them flush with the bottom of the car. You can buy the mandrel bent pipes for the ninety degree turnouts as well as the 180 degree loop. It sounded great when I had it. :bigthumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts