Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm currently debating to get long tube headers or a boss 302 side exhaust kit from ford racing.(this is on an 07 gt) I think in the end I'll end up getting both when... I can afford it. But for now, what would be better If I just want to be able to hear the exhaust more when I'm driving. I think the side exhaust would be better for that. Also I'm concerned about scraping issues with the side exhaust. Any advice would be great!
Thanks,
Zac

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
If you are mainly looking for sound, not performance, then I'd go with the side exhaust.

Or, for a lot less money, you could just do a set of louder mufflers! (aka "axle back")

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The side exhaust is going to lose significant ground clearance. Look into the Cervinis C - series kit. The front is LOW, but that isn't what tends to scrape. It's usually the side exhaust. I'd personally steer clear of side exhaust since it adds little to nothing to performance and keeps me from putting a handling package on the car down the road. As far as long tubes go, some people think they sound better, some don't. As the walls are thinner and more sound will be transmitted into the engine bay, it won't sound the same but it's going to be louder, especially without cats.

My first investment would be a good set of axle back exhaust if you haven't already, such as the FR500S. If you're still wanting it louder, go long tubes. And if you're still wanting more, a set of cams won't cost much different than the side exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts