Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i see more and more people are doing the side exhaust with the bbr and cervini's rocker kits. i like the bbr kit better, the rockers just look better too me. and so does the rear valance they add to the rear. anyone got any info on this kit. how much for the rockers, rear valance and the exhaust. how does the exhaust set up, does it have to be custom done. what type of mufflers are they. once the rockers and rear are painted can i install them

any info on this stuff would be great

thanks

G

·
At one time and they still may be, the side exhaust on the LNR kits both Cervani and BBR was FAKE. It dumped under the rear of car due to mid 2each fuel cells in the way. They may have corrected this now, dunno.
Crazyhorse is the only Pony I see doing custom mod/ welding to make em work correctly.
It will be very expensive to do this.

·
Registered
394 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
...It will be very expensive to do this.
Indeed, it will probably be big $$$.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It Sounds Like Some Money But Not Too Big Money, I Think It Would Be Woth It, I Mean Its's Juet 2 Rockers 1 Rear Valance Painted And Simple Install And I Think The Exhaust Is A Kit, So Cant Be That Bad. Im Thinking Like 1500 Total

·
Registered
63 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
It Sounds Like Some Money But Not Too Big Money, I Think It Would Be Woth It, I Mean Its's Juet 2 Rockers 1 Rear Valance Painted And Simple Install And I Think The Exhaust Is A Kit, So Cant Be That Bad. Im Thinking Like 1500 Total
Problem is, and I'm blissfully ignorant about what the exact problem is... it's impossible to do a side exhaust on a stock car. I've yet to get under my car and take a look for what the problem is, but suffice to say there are "important under-car thingies" that keep this mod from happening

G

·
R3dF1r3 said:
At one time and they still may be, the side exhaust on the LNR kits both Cervani and BBR was FAKE. It dumped under the rear of car due to mid 2each fuel cells in the way. They may have corrected this now, dunno.
Crazyhorse is the only Pony I see doing custom mod/ welding to make em work correctly.
It will be very expensive to do this.
Kinda looks like maybe its corrected?
From the Cervinis website:
05-06
Mustang Side Exhaust w/ Skirts and Rear Valance
part # 8012.......................$1,249Cat-Back stainless steel 2.5" manderel-bent side exhaust system featuring
stainless steel Magna Flow mufflers and polished cast-aluminum exhaust tips.
The kit also includes side skirts and rear valance.

The pics of the BBR car also have the exhaust routed out the side with a rear valance replacing the old cut-outs... but I cant see any solid documentation on their site regarding side exhaust... either way, looks like problem was maybe corrected?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Spintech does a great side exit with no need for bodywork of any kind. I put it on my Cobra and it sounded like a NASCAR :eyepoppin even with OEM h-pipe/headers. It dyno the same as the MagnaFlow I had out the back before the Griggs suspension made it impossible to go over the axel. It works by doing a 180 inside the muffs then turing to the side of the car for the exit tips. There was scraping issues, mostly with speed bumps-don't we all scrape sometimes, but it looked cool and sounded cooler. I have sense switched to dumps, long story short my OEM h-pipe as well as the Spintech side exit got squished :madas: . :wavey Tip - don't drive over big metal speed bumps with electronic spikes even if it is the only way out of the establishment :winks . They might do 05's, if not then nevermind.

www.spintechmufflers.com

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/flyers/cat%20back%20sys/CAT%20Side%20Exit%20systems%20Heres%20the%20proof.jpg

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GR40Snake said:
Spintech does a great side exit with no need for bodywork of any kind. I put it on my Cobra and it sounded like a NASCAR :eyepoppin even with OEM h-pipe/headers. It dyno the same as the MagnaFlow I had out the back before the Griggs suspension made it impossible to go over the axel. It works by doing a 180 inside the muffs then turing to the side of the car for the exit tips. There was scraping issues, mostly with speed bumps-don't we all scrape sometimes, but it looked cool and sounded cooler. I have sense switched to dumps, long story short my OEM h-pipe as well as the Spintech side exit got squished :madas: . :wavey Tip - don't drive over big metal speed bumps with electronic spikes even if it is the only way out of the establishment :winks . They might do 05's, if not then nevermind.

www.spintechmufflers.com

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/flyers/cat%20back%20sys/CAT%20Side%20Exit%20systems%20Heres%20the%20proof.jpg
That's not for the S197 car. The SN-95 can do all kinds of side exhausts. They wanted to put it on the upcoming Cobra, but there wasn't the clearance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
See my last sentence

1 - 9 of 9 Posts