Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago i bought a 97 gt mustang and it has a sidewinder alarm system, the guy i bought it from said dont use it, it has a stock alarm that works fine, well my 7 yr old son was clicking buttons on the aftermarket remote and when i went out there the alarm started going off, so i turned both stock and after market alarm off and went to take it out for a spin and when i went to start it the motor wouldnt crank, i re-searched about the sidewinder alarm and has a ignition cut off thing, but i was told i could turn it off, but right now the car wont start or nothing, so i was wondering if any could help me turn it off or tell me how to turn it off thanks AND PLEASE SOMEONE HELPPPP ME ITS NOT VERY FUN WHEN THE CAR WONT START!!!! thanks and merry christmas

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
pull fuses on the alarm, then look for the starter kill. It's probably a wire that has been cut in the steering column. Then there would be two wires running from the alarm to each end of the steering column wire that was cut. Remove those two wires and reconnect the wire in your column.

·
Registered
32 Posts
open the door and from outside the vehicle press the remote buttons

lock 1 second
unlock 1 second
lock 1 second

you have 4 seconds to do this now close the door, the led light have to turn on and stay solid on, if this don't work

go under the dash and find the alarm brain just cut the orange wire, there is no current voltage on the wire but it will disable the kill ignition
good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts