Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm...its kinda hard to explain but..wen i accelerate somtimes(50%) of the time...at about 35/50 mph it feels like the tranny lost connection and the rpms jus go up...and it will finnally kik into overdrive..sry if i didnt explain it good..i tried lol:hihi:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try to be a little more specific. What gear(s) is it slipping in? Is it only on upshifting or if you pull back on the selector? Any mods to the tranny(shift kit, valve body, torque convertor)? When was the last time it was serviced?

·
Registered
514 Posts
i say if you feel hard vibrations in your handle . its going

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have a question about that to. My tranny takes forever if you shift from reverse to drive to kick in. I never back out of my drive way because of it. Also when i down shift is seems to take a while to shift. What could this mean?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well What mine did is i would floor it and no go. it would down shift and never grab on and if it did it would only let me go the speed i was already going. I got it rebuilt and it was better but it still didnt feel right. later i cleaned my Mass Air Flow sensor and its strong now. after i got it rebuilt my car would shift into drive nice and in a tolerable about of time to click but now it take like 3 seconds for drive to engage at it used to before. i think there is a adjuster for that.

Clean your MAF Sensor with MAF sensor cleaner and see if it does anything. I would probably help for a while but you probably will need to get it rebuilt.

As for the reverse to drive well i think you can adjust that but i dont know I'm hoping to see my trans guy to see if he can do something about it.

I go to back out of the driveway and I'm one of those guys that once you have enough room to put it in drive i go for it or even if a car is coming i want to back out shift into drive and go in a fast rate so the car thats about to hit me only has to slow down a lil and not worry about me. it sucks. now i have to make sure i have enough time to back out. hehe. I got my tans rebuilt for 1,200 cause i have to get another housing and the 70 for the shift kit. he was only going to charge 1000.

Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea i just read you said in the 30 50 mph area and thats when you downshift into 2nd or first and those are the once that went out on me. I recommend get it rebuilt soon before you cant move. dont add lucas trans stuff. i did and it help for 5 min then it pooped out on me. i was a mile from my house i stopped at a light and turns green all it did was rev up high and the car would take forever to move once i could get it at 3rd around 35 mph on a down hill i had to run red lights, stop signs, and even go in the opposite lane with oncomming traffic to get home. A spring broke and my power band was fried and the clutches were all scrapped. REBUILT SOON. but clean your MAF anyways it helps.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Your trans is slipping. It could be worn bands, worn clutches, worn drums, all of these can cause slippage. Have it checked out and go from there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Whose tranny is sliping? Mine or BigBad5.0 or both?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm....it hasnt done it at all in a lil more 2 days now....i mean the car used to sit for about a 1-2 years..so maybe the tranny not used to workin...i did a tranny flush 3k miles ago(used to drive around in ,my hood lol)...it seems realy good now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.