Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or do these kids think they can grab a honda for a few hundred, dump 3 grand on bolt-on's and then have the balls to talk trash at a stop-light??? First of all everyone gives me an earful because i do not race on the street under no circimstances. i enjoy running my car safe and in a controlled environment. these kids have no respect for the road, and everyone who uses it. plus their little tin can is not worth the cash i spend in gas every week! when i drive my car at night i get on average about 4-5 ricers who want to run. What do you guys say to these ignorants? i think they get a little intimidated when they hear the gt camming at idle and cam 2 spewing into their car from my side-pipes.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It's not just you, it happens to many here. They're the ones we call the F&F Wannabes... they've watched the Fast & Furious movies too many times and think they're Vin Diesel.

Just tell em they're not Vin Diesel and bring it to the track so there'll be no excuses when they lose.

Kudos on keeping it at the track rather than street racing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
wow.. vent it out mayn.. its good for you.. lol jk.. just dont pay attention.. hopefully the cops do their jobs well and theyll get caught up.. its not even worth the stress if u ask me..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha. vin diesel! thats a good idea. thanks for everyones input! afm rocks!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
There will always be some Tool that wants to street race:nono: You are doing the right thing by ignoring them. I also refuse to race on the street, the risks are far greater than the rewards.

One can only hope that there is an undercover cop around when they start acting up and being foolish on public roadways!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. It's so annoying. I either A) laugh hysterically at them, or B) rev it up to 5000 and they crap themselves.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I can not tell how hard it is not to respond,that being said,drivers with that attitude do get ticketed or arrested for their habits. They may get away with it a few times or many times but it will catch up to them one day. Too bad sometimes a crash catches them sooner. Keep making those good decisions and drive safe. Just ignore them,yesterday I was on my way to work and a 1991 5.0 was trying to intise me to race. I rolled my window down and he started flapping until he saw my uniform. He simply shut up and slowed down. I followed him until he stopped at a convience store and we had a chat. I think he will think twice for awhile before picking a race.

P.S. Not a ricer but I thought it was related.Sorry.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ignoring them is a good technique. I just witnessed a brand new mitsubishi lancer (non evo) but still a 25000 car, with all the go-to bolt ons fly across a parking lot and didn't realize a 5inch curb.you do the math. He hit that thing doing at least 60 and totalled out his car. There was antifreeze, tranny fluid, and half his drivetrain and powertrain on the floor. Plus there was at least 100 people who witnessed it, wooing and running over to see the damage. Its not worth driving like a moron to impress people. Did I mention he was driving with a suspended license and no insurance...idiot!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ignoring them is a good technique. I just witnessed a brand new mitsubishi lancer (non evo) but still a 25000 car, with all the go-to bolt ons fly across a parking lot and didn't realize a 5inch curb.you do the math. He hit that thing doing at least 60 and totalled out his car. There was antifreeze, tranny fluid, and half his drivetrain and powertrain on the floor. Plus there was at least 100 people who witnessed it, wooing and running over to see the damage. Its not worth driving like a moron to impress people. Did I mention he was driving with a suspended license and no insurance...idiot!
HAHAHAHA lmfao what a dumbash!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree, but I also must admit I did some street racing and just plain old street stupid back in my day - as I'm sure many of us did.
I am fortunate to have made it through those days, but I will share one (recent) story...

A coworker came to me about two weeks ago and told me his son just dodged a bullet the night before.
His son and friends were going to race a late model GTO with their Subaru STI. They asked the third party (his son) to get out of the car because he was just added weight.

They wrecked. The driver lost his life, and the passenger is still critical in the hospital.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most ricers today are the rich kids whose parents shovel money into their cars and don't know the true value of a car and thats why they end up getting into trouble. Maybe if some kids actually paid for their cars by their selves, then they would understand not to do stupid things because mommy and daddy aren't always going to have your back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most ricers today are the rich kids whose parents shovel money into their cars and don't know the true value of a car and thats why they end up getting into trouble. Maybe if some kids actually paid for their cars by their selves, then they would understand not to do stupid things because mommy and daddy aren't always going to have your back.

Very true! Ive been working since I was 14 and absolutely value the dollar. I work hard for what i have and know not to abuse what ive put into my cars. Now i dont want to disrespect "ricers" because everyone has different views. Im speaking of those dumb kids who dont know anything about motors or their own cars, dumping hard earned money on B.S parts and then urging you to race them on the street! i have seen some nice, well put together imports at shows, and their owners seem to know everything about their cars and DO NOT RACE ON THE STREET!

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
thats the reason why my dad let me get my car. im only 15, but he figured if i had the car and i have to spend all my money to put what i want into it, than i wont fool around with it when i do startdriving. Sofar everything on or in the car has been payed for out of my pocket. the hood, the new trunklid and spoiler, styling bar, headlights and hids, and any other boltons were payed for by me. the only thing i wont be paying for is paint.

I do hate those ricers though. there arnt as many where i live but every thursday, about 70 or 80 of them all show up at the local wallmart parkinglot for their little show. right next door at staples, all the muscle cars show up just to piss them off:gringreen.

·
Registered
105 Posts
lets not forget the kids or others who do pay for everything theirselves but dont do any of the work physically on their own car.. a lot of em still dont respect their car or the law..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lets not forget the kids or others who do pay for everything theirselves but dont do any of the work physically on their own car.. a lot of em still dont respect their car or the law..

TRUE TRUE TRUE! Theres not a better feeling than paying for it, and then spending all day or weekend, or week doing it yourselt. Ive lost countless days to working on my cars, but in the end you can sit back and appriciate it so much more than mommy or daddys ride!

·
Registered
912 Posts
one of my good freinds since we were 3 has a wrx and mommy paid for it, he blew out the tranny two times, wrecked it twice and just blew the turbo, mommy has come to the rescue again, and he will never learn, i broke the tranny in my stang and its been sitting for a month im trying to find a transmission i can afford so i can fix it, just because your parents have the money to throw at your car makes people think they dont have to take care of things themselfs, great real world training for the kids lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a focus I bought new in 2003. Its a pretty good grocery getter. I've added Ford Racing Cams, a throttle Body, a chip I think a steeda, its been a while, a cat back Magna flow exhaust, and Ford Racing header. I get these little Hondas reving at me all the time. Drives me nuts. I just laugh at em. I know its a ricer, but its a Ford. Thats all I own. I get it real bad when I drive my Horse though and its close to stock. I just point and laugh.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I get them to roll their window down, and tell them "I'm not into street racing, but I enjoy bare-knuckle boxing." No one has taken me up on my offer yet....Oh well...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I get them to roll their window down, and tell them "I'm not into street racing, but I enjoy bare-knuckle boxing." No one has taken me up on my offer yet....Oh well...
LMAO I will definitely try that next time.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've got a focus I bought new in 2003. Its a pretty good grocery getter. I've added Ford Racing Cams, a throttle Body, a chip I think a steeda, its been a while, a cat back Magna flow exhaust, and Ford Racing header. I get these little Hondas reving at me all the time. Drives me nuts. I just laugh at em. I know its a ricer, but its a Ford. Thats all I own. I get it real bad when I drive my Horse though and its close to stock. I just point and laugh.
4 Cylinder Ford still =AMERICAN muscle...let's not forget about the 2.3L turbo SVO Fox....It's when you put stupid oversize wings, ugly paintjobrs, fake parts such as chrome scoops, and ultra obnoxious fart cans that are the size of your head

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.