Ford Mustang Forum banner

Silver Dollar Raceway

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mustangsvt281 
#1 ·
How many Georgia guys are going to Reynolds this Friday? This dragstrip has 1/2 off test and tune for Mustangs every 2nd Friday of the month. I'll be there! Hope to see some of you out there!!!

#4 ·
Yeah silverdollar is ok but the drive is a haul if your anywhere near the metro area. I'm going to try and go out to commerce atl dragway this friday nite so I can get a few runs in before I do the 4.56 gears/frpp carbon tlok/welded axle tubes/moser 31 spline axles & frpp 3.5" driveshaft install next week. Hoping I can get a mid 13 out of her since the car has bbk lts bbk catted hi flow x pipe, pypes m80 mufflers, jlt rai, pro 5.0 shifter bbk uca&lcas kyb shocks alum radiator etc allready. I've heard that its really hard to launch these cars on street tires since I don't have any drag radials yet anyone got any tips? I'm currently on michelin pilot sports 255/45/18 on a 18X9" wheel? I was thinking about loweirng the rears to around 24psi doing a quick burnout with the line lock like 3-5 secs then launching around 2000-2500:?:

#5 ·
well with the air being so hot and sticky it will be hard to hook or make good times...if you don't have aftermarket upper and lower rear control arms, getusum...they work great

#6 ·
trust me when i say, DO NOT RUN YOUR CAR AT THAT STRIP....... that strip is crap, is has dips where you can actually lose control. ive seen people mess up there cars there more than what makes it down the 1/4. th really nice track is cecil ga. its called south ga motorsports park. i only go to reynolds to watch, i would never run my car there.

#8 ·
Red1999 I've ran down there a couple of times and had no problems.(both lanes) I don't care for AMS Friday night drags because it's a little short of the 1/8th. Besides, AMS doesn't have a test and tune do they? I don't run in a"class" too fast for the stock guys and not fast enough for the modified guys! Guess I'm a tweener! lol!

#9 ·
I wasn't talking about ams and their fnd which it's fun to watch the racing and some nice cars allways show up for the show&shine sessions. I myself have won two trophys there. I was talking about atlanta dragway in commerce their friday night t&t is only $20 and that's an nhra approved track so hopefully the timeslips are accurate.
Also my cobra allready has bbk tubular uppers&lowers on it aswell as kyb quad shocks and eibach pro kit springs. So noone has any tips on launching this thing or getting it to hook on 255/45 street tires?

#12 ·
yea, thats the only issue, but it is nice. either way my suspension isnt where i want it yet so i dont plan on runnin at the track for a while. i just go and watch.

#13 ·
so your not selling the car

#16 ·
glad to here that......................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.