Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mustang is Tungsten Grey and I cant tell which color of stripes would look better. Silver or Black, both look really awsome and I cant make up my mind.I fell in love with the black but silver is making me second guess. What do you all think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 04 show car was tungsten w/ silver stripes. Get a good pic of that and you only have to imagine what the black will look like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got 2 pics of the silver on a gt and on a roush. I also got pics of the black and have gotten to seen them in person on an 06 with the Elenor body kit from Cervinis and they really stand out where as the silver blend in. And I would rather have the one where people are gonna say "thats the baddest mustang I've ever seen."

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sizes I'm looking at are the same as the Roush ones. If any of you guys know the dimensions and how far apart they are it would really help me out.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
NrlyCajun said:
The 04 show car was tungsten w/ silver stripes. Get a good pic of that and you only have to imagine what the black will look like.
I think this is the one that you are referring to

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Here is a better view. The jpeg titles say 2006 Gt but they are actually the 2004 SEMA show car.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the pics and after seeing them and listening to my friends, I think I would prefer the black. Now all I need to know is how wide and far apart they should be. Do any of you all happen to know any websites that sell decals for the mustang? I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Zrullac said:
Here is a better view. The jpeg titles say 2006 Gt but they are actually the 2004 SEMA show car.
That first picture is a photoshop. I have the exact same picture of sonic blue which def came before tungsten.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
fitch615 said:
That first picture is a photoshop. I have the exact same picture of sonic blue which def came before tungsten.
Wow,

I had no idea. That is a pretty good job of photoshop. I got this picture off the SEMA show site about 6 months ago. They did have this color back in 2004 for their show car only. It wasn't called Tungsten Gray though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats what happens when you have money like SEMA does.. big $$= good quality

·
Registered
35 Posts
got mine from the dealer when i bought my car....have a look:kooky:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
here's my Satin Silver with black stripes...I like the High Contrast, the whole car is made to be Silver and Black, escpecially when you have the IUP with Dark Charchoal Leather seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here are a couple of pics - 1) black '05 with red stripe as requested and 2) tungsten GT40 with a quick silver stripe, the latter is a limited edition from Ford so they obviously reckon its a good lookin' combo.

Personally I prefer the silver stripe to black, and will consider putting one on my Tungsten GT which should arrive 28 November. Also prefer to go with as wide a stripe as possible about 13" with 2" gap. If you are going for vinyl then apparently any more than 10" is difficult to apply due to the curvature of the panels. good luck and post some pics when mission complete.

steve

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I actually found a black with red stripes on cardomain, I was thinkin red or blue stripes, but I'm goin silver on black mustang because of my grey interior, but heres the red, its a bit too bright for my likings, i'd get darker. Also included some other ones.. white w/ red stripes and yellow w/ black.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts