Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive been building an engine for awhile, piece by piece and its really expensive. I only have about $2500 into it and when im done it will probably be close to $7500. Well in the mean time i was wondering if this setup would be pretty good until i get my engine completely built.

I was thinking of either buying GT40P heads off ebay or find them in the wrecking yard. Then putting in a new cam, probably the E-303 since its still pretty mild lift. 24 lb injectors. Matching MAF and i have a bbk ssi intake. So basically this is what my motor would consist of.

Engine all stock except for: GT40P heads, E303 cam, 24lb injector, 24 lb MAF, BBK SSI intake, BBK CAI, BBK headers (if those would fit heads).

You guys think that would be a good setup? Would 24lb injectors be to big? Is that the best cam for the install? Would i need anything esle? Lastly, what kind of power would i gain? Like 40-50 hp to the flywheel?

·
Registered
66 Posts
For about $4,000 you can get an assembled, 302 cube, 345 horsepower crate engine from Ford Racing that's brand new and comes with a warranty. It also has the GT40 heads and the cam you were talking about. Good luck

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but I know I can buy a crate engine for $4000, $5000, even $6000. I've been on jegs a couple times... Anyways I'm talking about a setup which will cost me about 500 bucks, since I have the intake and I know where I can get some of the other stuff used (cheap). I'm just wondering whats a pretty mild setup which can be used with the gt40p heads that is reasonable as far as money goes. I can put together $500 no problem but I don't have 4 grand to throw around, and if I did I would finish the engine I'm building... I'm just curious what kind of setups people are running with these heads. And if the e 303 won't work, how come?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That sounds like a good setup, you could use the 24's if you got an adjustable regulator and turned the pressure down. The E303 should work fine.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the set up you said would be fine, but i would go with a holley or trick flow intake instead of bbk. and i think bbk makes headers specially for the gt40p heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.