Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a '65 3.3 inline six with a c4 i just pulled the trans out to fix the round gasket thing on the driver side behind the neutral switch ( i knew what it was two days ago but have forgotten the name) that is not the problem now there is a tube coming down from somwhere and it sticks down between that round thing and the switch i dont know where it goes or what it hooks up to any ideas i will get a pictire as soon as i can

thanks in advanced
EDIT this is the area im talking about the tube is about where the "-AA" is

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one more thing when i was filling the trans with fluid it was not leaking until i got the fifth quart in then it leaked about a pint out through this tube i put four quarts in and it was fine for about ten minutes while i went and got a fifth quart then it started pouring out before i even got the entire quart into the trans
i doen't know that much about transmissins but i think somthing is wrong here

thanks again

G

·
You're talking about the tube that I circled, correct? If so, and I'm not too sure on this, but it looks like a breather. I'm not familiar with the C4's but that's what it looks like to me. When you fill a tranny you should put several quarts in and then, run the engine, shift into each gear for a few seconds at a time, and let the fluid circulate and then add some more. You have to wait for the torque converter to fill, as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
think so

that looks like whatim talking about i will run it a little and see if that helps
i have been butting heads with this car for about two years fixing what the last guy "fixed"

thanks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
You have to fill the C4 with the engine idling in Park.
You also need to have it idling in Park to check the level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts