Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive found what i want to get for a dual exhaust setup, but i wont be able to afford it for a while so i was thinking of picking up a single flowmaster from advance auto and replacing my stock muffler with it until i can afford the dual setup. has anyone done this? is it worth it? i just really cant stand how quiet the stock exhaust is

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, if you save the money and time of doing it yourself or, having some one weld it on. then having to back track to re do it might as well do it right the first time just a thought tho..;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
My first mod was a Cai, flowmaster single muffler, TB 65m. and i never been happy with the single exhaust setup :( it gives it a lil bit more sound yea and hp but the single pipe coming out my car makes me cry when i get next to another car that has duals. ( i did change the tip atleast so it wont have that dump tip). All im really trying to say is save all the money you can so you could get your duals it will be will worth it once you get them and the faster you get them the happier you'll be. Im getting mine done finally in about 3 weeks when i return from my vacation. :D im getting 44s put on there and im not sure yet if im putting a H pip or just leaving it as true duals/ well good luck with whatever u end up doing

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna do it myself. im a tech, but ive decided to have a custom shop do my dual system as i was very impressed on how much this guy knew about custom exhaust, but its $650+. i think it will be worth it but it will be quite a few months before i have that kind of extra cash. so i was thinking for around $100 i could do a single flowmaster until then. i just want to know if the sound is worth the $100

·
Registered
119 Posts
yea for 100bucks its worth it and 650 is expensive no? i been researching exhaust for the past month to see which one would be the best sounding, decent power gains and decent price and it seems you could get all that you would want from your exhaust for no more then 500 bucks. even cheaper than that sometimes. just trying to save you extra cash =/ . IMO i believe it would be best if you just buy the tips and mufflers online then take it to a shop and let them do your piping and welding

·
Registered
60 Posts
im gonna do it myself. im a tech, but ive decided to have a custom shop do my dual system as i was very impressed on how much this guy knew about custom exhaust, but its $650+. i think it will be worth it but it will be quite a few months before i have that kind of extra cash. so i was thinking for around $100 i could do a single flowmaster until then. i just want to know if the sound is worth the $100
650!!! no way i got my dual dyno max/ flowmaster H pipe for 500$...? find a new guy seriously

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive seen this guys work, its mint. i spoke to him over the phone for about 45 minutes when i called just to get a basic estimate. he explained everything he does and what the best combination is for me as far as price, looks, sound, and performance. he definitely knows his ****.
im very capable of buying and installing my own kit. i dont want the hassle of it. its $400 give or take just for the catback dual and its not even true dual. i would rather just pay the 650 and get a professional job done and not have to deal with rattling and crap and not even have true duals. im keeping my cats btw so that makes the H/X-pipe deal pretty expensive.
so once again my only question is: is it worth $100 to temporarily do a single flowmaster until i can afford the set up i chose

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
ive seen this guys work, its mint. i spoke to him over the phone for about 45 minutes when i called just to get a basic estimate. he explained everything he does and what the best combination is for me as far as price, looks, sound, and performance. he definitely knows his ****.
im very capable of buying and installing my own kit. i dont want the hassle of it. its $400 give or take just for the catback dual and its not even true dual. i would rather just pay the 650 and get a professional job done and not have to deal with rattling and crap and not even have true duals. im keeping my cats btw so that makes the H/X-pipe deal pretty expensive.
so once again my only question is: is it worth $100 to temporarily do a single flowmaster until i can afford the set up i chose
nahhh dont even bother.. use that 100 so u can get ur custom exhaust quicker no sense wasting the money

·
Registered
60 Posts
ive seen this guys work, its mint.
ok its your money but im telling you i got a dyno max dual H With cats and a flowmaster muff catback wit 13in long stainless 4in tips for 500$.. checked it over my self it was a spotless job no rattles bad welds or lose ends.

but ya id say save your money and just deal with the stock for now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.