Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a antenna fault error and have been since day one, I have contacted the dealership and siruis I think I have an issue, it has never worked on my car. Am I doing something wrong?? I provided the siruis the # out of the radio and everything and still nothing??

I have got siruis on and off a few times but never contact anyone it just came on one day.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Bring it back to your dealership and have them fix it. An antenna fault is a short or bad connection somewhere between your radio and the antenna.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I guess it may be an issue?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine just started saying Sirius Radio Antenna Fault last week. The sat radio has worked for over a year, got it 4th of July 2010. What gives?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would think you can try going thru the system reset or take it to the dealer.

Have you done anything that might have impacted the antenna wire?

·
Registered
174 Posts
My wife's car just started doing this. In her's the sirius receiver is a seperate unit and then there's an antennae amplifier that sits in between the receiver and the shark fin. Antennae amp went out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've been dealing with this issue since I posted. I forgot I posted this here.

Day one, went to dealership and waited 4 hours for them to see my car, when they finally did, they said "Ford's network connection is down, we cant do anything sync related". Thanks jerks.

Day two, dealership said they can look, but since they saw a sub box they said chances are the antenna just fell out, and if it did, the I would be responsible for $350+ in labor because this was done outside the dealership. I said it was over a year ago that I had this done...it would've done it by now. Open her up and test it. They opened it, it was connected, and it didnt work. They didnt have the part in stock, they ordered it.

Day three, part is in, come on in and wait 3 hours before our tech tells us it's the wrong part. Sorry, try again next week.

Still waiting on a call to let me know the part is in. That's 3 weeks no satalite radio. I wonder if I can get a refund for the outtage from Sirius. :(

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very soon after this post my radio worked fine after not working for 4 months. I am prettys sure SIRUIS and the dealership never turned it on. I was given a new 6 month trail on my car and has worked fine ever since. It no longer states antena fault. I would just call SIRUIS, they will send a signal to your car, you have to be an a special station, I think its 218.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
I've been dealing with this issue since I posted. I forgot I posted this here.

Day one, went to dealership and waited 4 hours for them to see my car, when they finally did, they said "Ford's network connection is down, we cant do anything sync related". Thanks jerks.

Day two, dealership said they can look, but since they saw a sub box they said chances are the antenna just fell out, and if it did, the I would be responsible for $350+ in labor because this was done outside the dealership. I said it was over a year ago that I had this done...it would've done it by now. Open her up and test it. They opened it, it was connected, and it didnt work. They didnt have the part in stock, they ordered it.

Day three, part is in, come on in and wait 3 hours before our tech tells us it's the wrong part. Sorry, try again next week.

Still waiting on a call to let me know the part is in. That's 3 weeks no satalite radio. I wonder if I can get a refund for the outtage from Sirius. :(
Hi Digital_Synapse -

I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I'm here to assist with SYNC and Navigation questions.

Do you know what the dealership wanted to do that was SYNC related? I'd recommend contacting Sirius Radio, if you haven't done so already. They can be reached at 888-539-7474 or Contact Us - SiriusXM Radio.

~Jaclyn

·
Registered
204 Posts
Forgot to update. The dealer replaced the antenna on the trunk and all is well. Before this they had me call Sirius to make sure it wasn't a billing issue or something. I paid 2 years in advance. So that's not the issue. Too them half a day to do it, but I have sat radio again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update, got this error again and took the car in, I will let you know what up. I got the error, then got back in the car it worked fine, then it went out again. It seem like its 50/50 working and then going out.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
Update, got this error again and took the car in, I will let you know what up. I got the error, then got back in the car it worked fine, then it went out again. It seem like its 50/50 working and then going out.
What did your dealership say when you took it in? If the issue persists, I recommend going back. Please keep me posted.

Have a great weekend! :)

Jaclyn

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ford said it was the antena, but would not help me reinstate my 6 month sirius program though sales? I have had a fair amount of issues with this from sirius and the car from day one. I wish someone would just step up and just take care of this issue for me. Siruis has worked with me in the past but then it would go out. I kept thinking it was a sirius issue but it was the car the whole time. Eveyone had been very helpful through ford and siruis, but I know when I call sirius they will tell me to call ford, then ford will tell me to call sirius and then I will pull out my hair.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hope you guys get your issues taken care of. Personally, I wish this car came with a "Sirius delete" option. That would get rid of the ugly lump on the trunk lid lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
SAT FAULT error

Hi Digital_Synapse -

I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I'm here to assist with SYNC and Navigation questions.

Do you know what the dealership wanted to do that was SYNC related? I'd recommend contacting Sirius Radio, if you haven't done so already. They can be reached at 888-539-7474 or Contact Us - SiriusXM Radio.

~Jaclyn

I've been searching online to find a possible solution to two problems I've encountered with the Shaker500 system AND my SiriusXM radio.

My Mustang is a 2007 and back in September 2011 the CD player quit working and gives a CD error. I can't load or unload any cds.

No suggestion I have found online has worked to remedy the problem. I usually listen to the sat radio anyway which brings me to my next problem....

Last Sunday my battery died. My boyfriend took out the battery and we drove around trying to find a replacement from someone who was open Sundays and to have the bad battery disposed of properly.

Since that time I have been getting the SAT FAULT. Other users have addressed that issue in previous posts. Return it to the dealer. I called the dealer who said I'd have to bring in the car for both issues. Cha-ching! $$$

Being as I have had issues in the past with the service department where I purchased the car and of course no warranty for either I am taking it to a car stereo business which will charge about half what the dealer quoted to remove the cds.

I must say, with what I've been reading about the problems with the Shaker500 system I wonder why does Ford continue to put those into their cars?!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry but when my car did that I had a bad antena, the only thing I have been disapointed about with my car is I was never able to make full use of the free siruis service. If you can't tune in 184 you probably have an issue.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
Mustangsheri - Have you contacted SiriusXM yet? They may just need to resend your satellite signal. Here's their contact info:

Contact Us - SiriusXM Radio

Revenge - Just to clarify, were you able to use SiriusXM Radio after your antenna was replaced and was it just the one channel that wasn't coming in?

Jaclyn

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The antenna seems to be working since I no longer get the error message. It was broke for most of the first year I owned the car, it would work sometimes but most of the time I had the error message. I was able to use my free subscription for maybe one month total which for me kinda sux. If possbile I would like to be able to get the rest of my suscription time back. I can provide my dealership information if needed.

·
Registered
933 Posts
you folks that have Sirrus Sat Radio, is the sound quality good?

mine works fine with no interruptions or outages, no fault errors... it just sounds awful. in other vehicles I've owned, the XM sounded slightly better than the FM and not quite as sharp as a CD.. this Sirrus is a HUGE step down in sound quality from FM in this car. the volume level is about half and it sounds like an old AM radio quality, is this what you folks are experiencing?

I called Sirrus and asked what was up since it sounds like I'm listening through the bottom of a coffee can and they said it had to be the reciever and that it should sound better than FM..

I know the regular head unit sounds good sometime, worse at others and always when it's on AM... when you hit a bump the speakers make a crackling sound like there's a loose wire or something.

I love my car but my SYNC doesn't really voice dial, or hang up (I can't hang up a call..ever, the button just does not work) and the Sirrus sounds like 1968 AM radio.. is it just mine or what?

thanks.:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts