3,724 Posts
06300hp said:
Does anyone know where the AUX input is for the Shacker500
system? I just received a satelite radio for my '06 GT Conv for Christmas
and right now have it going through the FM station, but would love to
plug it into the AUX input, but, I do not want someone messing with
my dash. Any help is appreciated.

-thanks
Oy HAHA, there was a whole fiasco about this about 3 months ago, give or take. There is an adapter for the Shaker from a companyt called P.I.E. that you can get that will attach to the stero and then to the sat radio. But it requires splicing of ppower cables if you're into that. Right now thats the only solution. There is ano AUX port in the back. Your only other option is to buy a new headunit for the radio(ie a radio/sat unit in one).

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yep. I remember the whole fiasco about the AUX adapter and iPod connections. I do have a question too. Why would there be an AUX button on the front, but no AUX connection? I never could figure out what Ford was doing with that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Yep. I remember the whole fiasco about the AUX adapter and iPod connections. I do have a question too. Why would there be an AUX button on the front, but no AUX connection? I never could figure out what Ford was doing with that.
The shaker head unit is common to a bnch of new Ford vehicles. The aux input on other fords is used for the rear seat entertainment systems like dvd players. The input is not a standard analog input but a digital input via the CAN bus. CAN is the controller area network that is used for communications between all the various electronic systems on the car. This same input is used to send the dimmer signal to the radio as well. The PIE adapter is an analog to digital converter. It takes the analog output of an ipod, satellite receiver or any other player and converts it to a CAN message that the shaker can understand. It also sends an ID message to the shaker to let it know that it is present on the network. This part is what caused problems with the first batch of PIE parts. This has since been corrected and my unit has been working flawlessly for more than 2 months. If you want to hook up an external device to the shaker the PIE adapter is definitely the best way to go.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sam, do you know if there is there some kind of hub to allow hookup of multiple components through the PIE adaptor/Aux input? I currently have an iPod, GPS and a Sirius tuner I'd like to run through the Aux input. While this may not be possible, It would be nice if the GPS could work at the same time the iPod or Sirius tuner is working which would allow me to turn the volume down on the iPod/Sirius, up on the GPS, so I could receive navigation data while listening to music.

·
Registered
90 Posts
what are you going to do with the antenna? i had one on my V6 but I didn't like the way the antenna looked on the roof of the car so when i got my GT i didn't get it again.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Oy HAHA, there was a whole fiasco about this about 3 months ago, give or take. There is an adapter for the Shaker from a companyt called P.I.E. that you can get that will attach to the stero and then to the sat radio. But it requires splicing of ppower cables if you're into that. Right now thats the only solution. There is ano AUX port in the back. Your only other option is to buy a new headunit for the radio(ie a radio/sat unit in one).
What about the Ford accessory that is an adapter for 2006???

·
Registered
132 Posts
DW Rutledge said:
what are you going to do with the antenna? i had one on my V6 but I didn't like the way the antenna looked on the roof of the car so when i got my GT i didn't get it again.
I'm not sure about Sirius, but with XM, the antenna is just a little black magnetic square, maybe only a little bigger than 1 1/2" square. Mine sits on the trunk lid, right behind the rear window. Barely noticeable.

·
Registered
285 Posts
which sirius satellite radio did you get? I just ordered the new s-50 which should be here on tuesday. I cant wait to set it up so i can have howard stern back in the mornings.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pyrat said:
Sam, do you know if there is there some kind of hub to allow hookup of multiple components through the PIE adaptor/Aux input? I currently have an iPod, GPS and a Sirius tuner I'd like to run through the Aux input. While this may not be possible, It would be nice if the GPS could work at the same time the iPod or Sirius tuner is working which would allow me to turn the volume down on the iPod/Sirius, up on the GPS, so I could receive navigation data while listening to music.
I would think if you check radio shack or various audio shops you should be able to find an input switch. You need something like they have for home use for selecting among different inputs to tv (such as dvd, game console, vcr etc) You could even use one of these if you can figure out how to build it in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
originalsnake said:
which sirius satellite radio did you get? I just ordered the new s-50 which should be here on tuesday. I cant wait to set it up so i can have howard stern back in the mornings.
Howard Stern Rocks!!! Bababooey!! Anywhoo.....getting back on topic....I have the starmate replay and I did a pretty stealth install I must say... Just velcro and hiding the wires under the center console...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Just so you guys know you can put the receiver in the back window. I get max singnal when I do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Just so you guys know you can put the receiver in the back window. I get max singnal when I do.
You mean antenna? Or are you using some special kind of receiver?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
You mean antenna? Or are you using some special kind of receiver?
Yeah my bad, I mean antenna.

·
Registered
147 Posts
LeonSORTX said:
Howard Stern Rocks!!! Bababooey!! Anywhoo.....getting back on topic....I have the starmate replay and I did a pretty stealth install I must say... Just velcro and hiding the wires under the center console...
Looks good there. Does it interfere with the glove box?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm an car audio guy and I have some suggestions for Siruis or XM. When I first got satelite i got sirius, and bought a audiovox rec. It uses FM signals to get it to your radio. One way you can convert your stock radio that doesnt use AUX inputs is use a high to low converter to an aftermarket EQ that has AUX inputs, then you can plug your reciver directly to that (no more FM modulation)

The first thing I did with my Stang was to drive it to a local stereo shop and purchase the Kenwood indash CD/MP3/HD Radio/Siruis Deck. Its nice, has built in HD radio and Sirius and you dont need an external receiver. It was $500 but worth it! Plus if someone steals it, you can call Sirius and have them ban the ESN so no one else can use it, nice anti theft feature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sincitystang said:
I'm an car audio guy and I have some suggestions for Siruis or XM. When I first got satelite i got sirius, and bought a audiovox rec. It uses FM signals to get it to your radio. One way you can convert your stock radio that doesnt use AUX inputs is use a high to low converter to an aftermarket EQ that has AUX inputs, then you can plug your reciver directly to that (no more FM modulation)

The first thing I did with my Stang was to drive it to a local stereo shop and purchase the Kenwood indash CD/MP3/HD Radio/Siruis Deck. Its nice, has built in HD radio and Sirius and you dont need an external receiver. It was $500 but worth it! Plus if someone steals it, you can call Sirius and have them ban the ESN so no one else can use it, nice anti theft feature.
whats the model number on that unit and does it work with the shaker system(amps) without any issues? that sounds like the fix for me

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
gax said:
whats the model number on that unit and does it work with the shaker system(amps) without any issues? that sounds like the fix for me
EZ900HDS, pretty cutting edge features cause it has HD Radio + Sirius, so you cant go wrong, but i dont think it will work with the Shaker system, this is the reason i got the base stereo, which i replaced the stock speakers with component speakers and added an alpine 5 channel amp. Sounds [email protected]!

·
Registered
165 Posts
SteveRunner said:
Looks good there. Does it interfere with the glove box?
Nope....no interference at all...... Its a good location because I can remove it easily and bring it in my house to listen in as well!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts