Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone researched a direct-connect Sirius option?? No FM-Modulated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm using My Sirius with the FM Modulated option, and have had almost no problems with it.

Don't know that I want to go tearing through the wires back there to figure out the direct link option when FM modulation works perfectly fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FM Modulation

I agree.The Sirius installation took about 3 hours for me. Mounted the antenna on the interior rear deck. Used a Pro-Fit cell mount and the radio sounds and looks great. All the wires are totally hidden as they are attached in the rear. If you go with the wired FM the plug protrudes out the right hand side.

·
Registered
333 Posts
FM modulation has no use here in the over populated areas of LA..Every "dead" frequency here will change to a "live " one in a matter or miles..

G

·
zenith16 said:
I agree.The Sirius installation took about 3 hours for me. Mounted the antenna on the interior rear deck. Used a Pro-Fit cell mount and the radio sounds and looks great. All the wires are totally hidden as they are attached in the rear. If you go with the wired FM the plug protrudes out the right hand side.
Might you have an pics of your installation? Im looking at getting a sirius for my current vehicle & then mounting it in the 'stang when it arrives. Just kinda curious as to how you did the installation... as Im fussy about appearances n whatnot (tho I'll live with exposed wires in my caddy atm).

·
Registered
31 Posts
New Jersey and New York are fairly populated and there is no problem with the FM modulation. The signal being generated is so close to the cars antenna. The sirius radio allows you to change the frequency to whatever non-static freq. is available. As for pictures of the install, I'll try to get them out asap. Car is at the shop for something else. The installation looks great but you'll have to be pretty good at erector set building. It required that the entire dash be disassembled to get the bracket mounted and the wires routed.

G

·
LOL... man, its been years since I played with an erector set! If I can get it apart, I can certainly get it back together. =) Where I live in AK we only have 4-5 FM stations (all pretty much suck), so that wont be a problem. Plus, as I have another vehicle to use during the winter months... the FM modulation option will be the best for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Satellite and Phone Installations

Got my car back tonight and shot these pictures. The phone installation wasn't too bad however, removing the center bezel involved getting to two screws inside the airbag compartment. BE CAREFUL if you attempt this type of installation. The mounting bracket that that I used on the Sirius is a Panavise #75136-194. It's pretty much a straight angle mount that I bent so it would fit in front of the radio faceplate bezel. Everything fits great and is secure.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installation Photo's

These last pictures show the lower angle of the mount. The cell phone also mutes the radio/satellite when it's getting a call or I decide to make one. I 'm done with interior mods. Sequential taillights are the last item... Right.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice job Zenith16! looks clean....

How does the signal do going through the back glass? I am installing mine sometime this week and was trying to figure a good place for the antenna.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rear Deck Antenna Placement

I could not bring myself to putting the antenna on the roof. Besides routing the lead to the trunk had issues with the new style rear window seal. The reception is great. There is a signal strength meter built into the Sirius head unit and it's pegged on 10 with the antenna on the rear deck. No problems at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats where mine is going then! And, now that Sirius just picked up the Nascar contract.. :evillol: Thats the icing on the cake!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.