Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to modding 'stangs, and really new to car stereo electronics. I got a sirius sportster, a diablo tuner, and some ud pulleys for xmas. The tuner and pulleys i've got taken care of, but the sportster i dont. I've been trying to search to see if there's a way to use the RCA cables to wire it into my stock head unit. Ive got the mach 460 system in my car (at least i think it is, i doubt its the 1000). ive been able to decipher that there are no auxillary ports on the stock head unit, but is there still a way to hard wire my sportster in??? or do i have to buy a new head unit??? and...if i buy a new head unit, will i still be able to use my 6 cd in-dash changer
thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
That is quite the prediciment. I do not believe the stock headunit has any type of auxillary input. You may be looking at upgrading the stereo system as a whole in order to run your sirius. You can also call around to some local car audio places and ask if there is a way without changing your headunit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sirius install

Group maybe after more individuals get the sleep from their eyes and cobwebs out of the gray matter someone can point youto the thread about 3-4 weeks ago with this same situation. There is a company that makes a din plug that will do the trick, but I can't remember it. I bookmarked it, I'll try to find it.

Jess

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, ya'll rock!!! =)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status