Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a minute and a half just to type the above title, two more to type this.

If this is because of the video on the right, you need to kill that feature off. There's no earthly reason for people to have to hit the same key half a dozen times before it 'takes'. Times every letter in the word, sometimes.

Norm

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Took a minute and a half just to type the above title, two more to type this.

If this is because of the video on the right, you need to kill that feature off. There's no earthly reason for people to have to hit the same key half a dozen times before it 'takes'. Times every letter in the word, sometimes.

Norm
That sort of thing is why I've been running Add Blocker Plus and Google chrome for several years now. I don't see the movie or any adds on this site so I don't have machine resource conflicts with streaming content.

·
Administrator
758 Posts
Even with my adblock disabled I'm not seeing the behavior, can you screenshot the video that's playing?

Kyle

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't start up right away today, but eventually did. I've learned that pausing it sometimes helps at least for each individual thread. But not always.

Norm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little tip given to me on another Mustang site - changing the view to 'Classic' or some such (way down in the lower left) seems to be helping here as well. Typing and editing is much, much better now with no stops/page freezes/whatnot at all.

As a side benefit, the extra blank lines the site was inserting between paragraphs that were intentionally double-spaced has also gone away.

I wonder if some site update managed to push everybody into one of the other view options???

It's good for the moment anyway. Long term, we'll have to wait and see.

Norm

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Funny, I've been running addblock plus for a number of years with this site whitelisted because I wanted the forum to get the add money. Then one day everything changed and I couldn't even locate the cursor in the username field to log in without several tries. I found I could switch to the Full Dark format and it was easier. This was sometime right after Hallowe'en last year. But soon, even using the dark profile began to fail. Then it was suggested that using the Incognito browsing window would fix it. That Fixed most of it, except for the over-sensitive username and password fields.

Once I enabled Addblock on this site, the cursor issues disappeared along with that annoying video add. Apparently, the video constantly reloads overwhelming the graphics processor in the computer so it couldn't even find where on the screen I was clicking.

However, I still have to very carefully place my cursor in the very first character space in the username field to log in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts