Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch:

I am redoing my seats for my 65 coupe, have taken off the old dredge and icky foam and some nasty remnants of burlap, about forty hog rings and everything looks pretty good, but I have about 20 of these long skinny springs, or pieces of wire that have loops at each end. They were just sort of sitting there, some were hog ringed in some might have been but I did not see them as I removed the remaining hog rings. They go from front to back on the seat portion of the seat, does anyone know what they are for, where they go back to, or did aliens deliver them to me in the night while I slept and thought about my car being finished some time this decade.

Thanks
Mike:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) Let's go with that 'aliens' thing.:gringreen Those wires, by means of hog rings, are what secure the foam to keep it from scooting around and bunching up.:)

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again.:) Some go across the top, some along the bottom, some are just hooked to another of the wires, some go from front to back, some from side to side, but, basically, the answer to your question is yes.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.