Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to do a search but nothing seems to come up. Tried to eliminate the skip shift and suspect that I did not unhook the correct connector as now I do not have a speedometer and am getting numerous faults. I could not locate the thread on this and I believe I unhooked a connector lower then I needed. If anyone can lead me to the correct thread I would be greatful...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I found the disable ship shift post. I would have thought the skip shift would have worked in the search mode but found it the old way of just going through the pages.
There are three wires. The lower one that I wrongly took off, one going to the cat bung and I think the other one is the one you are referring to that is above the fill holes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I need to get undermy car and do this soon, its bit me a few too many times.

If nothing else it's a safety hazard when pulling into traffic and accelerating. I can't believe Ford would put something this dangerous into a car and not allow you to turn it off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Was skip-shift eliminated on the 2012's ???

I have never had it activated, not at 1500rpm, not at 1800, 2000 or 2200 ....

Anybody knows ... ???

·
Registered
84 Posts

Anybody knows ... ???

Skip shift is definitely there on the 2012, it happened twice to me when I was going uphill and was not happy about that... :nono:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Thanks. I found the disable ship shift post. I would have thought the skip shift would have worked in the search mode but found it the old way of just going through the pages.
There are three wires. The lower one that I wrongly took off, one going to the cat bung and I think the other one is the one you are referring to that is above the fill holes.
Could you post the link here? I'd like to not have to search the old fashioned way...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Skip shift is definitely there on the 2012, it happened twice to me when I was going uphill and was not happy about that... :nono:
I can also confirm it is in 2012 3.7L's as well. A tune will get rid of this krap shift though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found my Error

All is well now. The post "Disable Skip Shift" is on GT Tech and will come up on a search if you put it in as I have listed it. I had looked at a picture from that post where the OP had taken a picture of the finished product where he cable tied the Skip Shift wire to the main transmission plug wire. I had remembered the main transmission wire down low and removed that. After I re-looked at the post, I saw my error and put the low main trans plug back and looked towards the back of the trans and right above the fill holes on the passenger side and there was the right plug. An easy job if you don't get stupid like I did. Sometimes, you just have to laugh. It works fine now...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm glad it is not activating then .....
Then, I shift 1st-3rd-5th-6th or 2nd-4th-6th most of the time anyways but i think it would scare me at the moment if it would happen .....

·
Registered
54 Posts

Anybody knows ... ???
Me either. I have a 2012 GT and have tried lots of times to make it happen but can't. I get a message that says "1-4 Shift For Fuel Economy" if I start out slowly in 1st. I've shifted 1-2, 1-3, and 1-4 when it appears and have had no problems.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.