Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made an observation at the dragstrip and on the street about the trim on the 87-93 mustang gt. On the passenger side of the car the small trim piece that is on the fender behind the front wheel directly below the 5.0 emblem always seems to be slanted towards the ground at the edge that faces the tire and the back end of the trim that faces the passenger door is tilted towards the outside mirror. I would say that at least 8 out of 10 GTs have this problem. Is it because of the way the body twist and when the cars get old it causes the trim to slant . If anyone knows please answer.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Haven't noticed that, now I have to go out and look at mine.

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's interesting, maybe someone was having a rough few months at the factory

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine are slightly slanted down toward the front. I never noticed before. I think you started something, although I am readying my car for paint I'm going to leave them slanted. If someone asks about it later I'll tell them it was a factory slip up that got through on 25 cars in 1993. Ford decided to leave them this way and they are extremely rare cars instantly doubling the value. Alot of people will just laugh but many will believe the mystigue of the legendary 5.0.:gringreen

·
Registered
38 Posts
yea mine are like that too.. i have no reason why they do that but i would like to find out.. strange how that is.. i noticed that before but didnt think other gt's did that

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It also seems like on alot of mustangs from 87-93 that the door rub strips fade at a faster rate than the rest of the trim. It always seems to turn a brown color especially on a white car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.