Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I need some expert advice. I just replace the plugs yesterday on my 99 cobra, and I have a slight miss or hesitation under a load under 2 grand. This miss has always been there, and I thought the plugs might fix the problem. I replaced the plugs with motorcraft platinum OE. It had NGK plugs, and they looked ok. I have no codes other than the ABS light, and the traction control being off. I am thinking EGR? Funny thing is that I have the same issue with my nissan sentra, and after replacing the plugs, wires ( coil packs), etc. and still have the same miss, I gave up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!:worship

Rich

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
have you ever replaced the fuel filter?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
replace air filter, clean MAF, clean throttle body, adjust TB, check coils, run 93 octane, replace fuel filter, clean fuel injectors/system with additive...it's the little things that make a car run great.
If the EGR wasn't working you'd know it...the car would run like poo and it would throw a code.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a k&n filter ( just cleaned), new fuel filter, plugs,etc. The only thing that has not been changed are the coil packs. This miss is not bad enough to throw a code. I may try cleaning the fuel injectors with some additive. Thanks guys for the advice. :gringreen

Rich

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
put a can of Sea Foam in your tank with about 8 gallons of fuel:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
806 Posts
i like sea foam but i would reccomend marvel mystry oil. put it in the gas and oil and see if that helps. it works i have used it in my cars there entire life and had no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts