Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 V6 coupe with only about 700 miles @ this times makes slight rattling sound on rear end from cold start and 1st to 2nd gear and somehow settles downs after picking up speed.. any1 has experienced same kind of problem?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have that to, as do a few other members on the board. It has something to do with how they attached one of the heat shields on these cars, where they can start to come loose and rattle until they warm up a little bit. For me it seems like it is only the first couple times I depress the clutch pedal after starting her up up if she has been sitting around for a 5 or mor hours.

There is more information on this forum, I just don't remember where or the really specific aspects of the problem.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i have the same thing because my exhaust tip is barely touching my bumper but once you pick up speed it melts that little tiny bit of bumper but once everything is cooled... that part of the bumper cools and then the process just keeps going

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys.. its just kinda annoying to have a brand new car w/ some rattling sound on the rear end. il try to dig in for some more infos..

·
Registered
422 Posts
thanks for the replys.. its just kinda annoying to have a brand new car w/ some rattling sound on the rear end. il try to dig in for some more infos..
I would just take it to the dealer and have them look at it. Explain what the noise is, I'm sure at least one other person has mentioned it to them.

If not, you might have to leave the car overnight or something so they can hear it when it is cold and you start driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.