Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 cobra that is cool except it is pretty slow. Does anyone know of some cheap mods that are worth messing with? It has hooker shorties and offroad x-pipe with magnaflows. Anything will help. I have about 250 horse and want 300 to 350 horsepower. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
to get that high in power is going to require some heavier modding instead of just bolt ons. intake, heads, cam, tune, bolt-ons....ect. does it still have stock gears? id start with those, best bang for your buck.

also, what you want is 300 horse to the crank or wheels? right now you probably have around 220rwhp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does have stock gears and I think I am putting 3.73's in this winter. And I want 300 to the wheels. It is pretty slow. Any place on the Internet with cheap parts you know of?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
american muscle has good deals and prices with free shipping. its where i get my stuff. to get 300 to the wheels you need to spend some good money on it or just get some nitrous.

right now i have 316rwhp on just bolt-ons but it started with 280rwhp stock, and it took over $1500 to gain 36rwhp with just the bolt-ons, and that was cheap cause my car already came with 4.10s and exhaust when i bought it. so imagine how much would have to be spent if internal work were to be done. this hobby isnt cheap. gotta pay to play.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
american muscle has good deals and prices with free shipping. its where i get my stuff. to get 300 to the wheels you need to spend some good money on it or just get some nitrous.

right now i have 316rwhp on just bolt-ons but it started with 280rwhp stock, and it took over $1500 to gain 36rwhp with just the bolt-ons, and that was cheap cause my car already came with 4.10s and exhaust when i bought it. so imagine how much would have to be spent if internal work were to be done. this hobby isnt cheap. gotta pay to play.
Hey Red, you have to know that he has a small block, not a mod motor...
You can easily get to 300 rwhp with a trick flow top end kit and cam with long tube headers...
that is why my 2nd stang is a small block, so much easier to build power without spending a fortune.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Sigh...... Damn these mod motors. Lol

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I have a 95 cobra that is cool except it is pretty slow. Does anyone know of some cheap mods that are worth messing with? It has hooker shorties and offroad x-pipe with magnaflows. Anything will help. I have about 250 horse and want 300 to 350 horsepower. Thanks.

A good heads/cam/intake setup like the one from Trick Flow Specialties would get you to 300rwhp, but honestly, the H/C/I setup on the Cobras is not bad. I'd go straight to BOOOOOOST for more hp.

That said, if you want a dramatic kick in the pants without spending cubic dollars, a 3.73 gear, UPR Products suspension, and Drag Radials will drop about a second off of your quarter mile time (that is MAJOR) assuming that you're running the stock gear, stock suspension, and regular radials.

Best case scenario? Add boost AND the gear/suspension/tires! :yup:

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
let's see I spent $7000 to take my Cobra from 300 to 450 hp with booost
I spent about $7000 to build my stroker 427, it makes over 600 hp..do the math.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
let's see I spent $7000 to take my Cobra from 300 to 450 hp with booost
I spent about $7000 to build my stroker 427, it makes over 600 hp..do the math.
You can make 500+ for $2000 with an s-trim and meth. But like I always say, the only thing better than a stroker or boost is a stroker AND boost. :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
You can make 500+ for $2000 with an s-trim and meth. But like I always say, the only thing better than a stroker or boost is a stroker AND boost. :D
or stroker plus boost plus 300 shot = LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts