Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday and today, it took so long to open the page Mustang Forums - The Forum for Ford Mustang Enthusiasts that it timed out. Today it timed out twice. It took no less than 18 tries to get to this page where I can post about it. It would start to load, then stall. I'd wait. Nothing. F5 to reload the page. Sometimes it would start to load but most times it's like my computer is talking to itself.

Is it just me? I am not having this problem with other sites. Yahoo!, Hotmail, other car forums, no problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yesterday and today, it took so long to open the page Mustang Forums - The Forum for Ford Mustang Enthusiasts that it timed out. Today it timed out twice. It took no less than 18 tries to get to this page where I can post about it. It would start to load, then stall. I'd wait. Nothing. F5 to reload the page. Sometimes it would start to load but most times it's like my computer is talking to itself.

Is it just me? I am not having this problem with other sites. Yahoo!, Hotmail, other car forums, no problem.
not just you, i'm having the same problem

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's not you. It took me about 5 tries just to make THIS post. I am getting agrivated. At first I thought it was just my computer, but other sites load just fine. It's taking FOREVER on my work computer AND my computer at home.

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeah, I'm timing out alot the last 2 days. Both at work and at home, all hours of the day.

I notice clicking a link again after a few seconds of nothing will often get it loading, but the page seldom completely loads.

In fact, while I;m typing this reply, the page is still trying to load something.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm guessing AFM is having issues with it's server. I finally just got in now so maybe it's being rectified.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
9:42 PDT. Looks like it's working well again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Obviously we don't like this kind of thing any more than you do, guys, and as soon as we notice any lag we immediately inform the server admin. In this case, I've been in touch with our host, and they've resolved the issue (a drive failed). The site should be running much faster now. :) Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Obviously we don't like this kind of thing any more than you do, guys, and as soon as we notice any lag we immediately inform the server admin. In this case, I've been in touch with our host, and they've resolved the issue (a drive failed). The site should be running much faster now. :) Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for getting it fixed... I have not been able to get on last night or this morning. It all seems to be working fine now.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i think they were just working on it last night. no bugs to report today yet

·
Registered
534 Posts
As a side note...its good to have a site like this...we dont have to pay for it and its a wealth of info....thanks for letting us use it and enjoy it..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I was wondering what the he)) was going on yesterday. Thanks for the fix!!!!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hold on - I will have Al Gore fix it.
Is there nothing he can't do? He should at least be doing a PowerPoint display about this. It's affecting us all and will hurt our children. Then people will polarize and there will be a "Lag Builds Character" foundation, or something. Anybody else think they were hot snot when they had a 2400 baud modem? Top of the line baby.

And it's still lagging, took forever and a little bit to get here. I could hardly believe anyone else could post anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you pay money for your hosting plan, you may want to consider demanding a refund for this month because their service is terrible. Have you considered switching?

·
Registered
541 Posts
The site is acting up again for me this morning.

It was fine yesterday afternoon, after 2 days of troubles, but last night and this morning I'm having difficulty.

I have typed this message and the page still has not completed loading yet.

The edit/delete message option for my posts is the one of the last things to load, and often taking 30-45 seconds for that to appear.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Yes it appears that our webhosting company is still having issues today. Please bear with us.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Looks like within the past few minutes things have really sped up. :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.