Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some opinions. i need to replace my exhaust on my 1997 mustang gt; as of now i dont have any mufflers or cats. i want a system that will give me a deep growling sound. my headers are stock. the flowmaster exhaust with the 40 series seems to be popular and i also was looking at the slp loudmouth. which is a better system? i want a system that wont rust out, so ill take some other suggestions. thanks!

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I'm not sure if one is any "better" than another, it's mostly a matter of how loud you want the car to be..I'd look at some youtube vidoes to get a idea of what to expect...I have 40 flows on my cobra with full length headers and hi flow cats, it sounds great to me...relatively quiet at cruising, but authoritative when you hit it...

G

·
I just recently installed SLP Loudmouth 1's on my Mustang w/ the stock H-pipe. I love the sound and have received many compliments. It's not too loud, but it lets people know you're coming.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got SLP loudmouth II's with BBK long tube headers and a BBK H pipe with high flow cats on a 98 GT it's got a deep throaty sound that realy picks up when get on it. It's the best sounding system i've had on a car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
BBK headers, Bassani X pipe, Bassani catback :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
my mach have slp long ceramics,x pipe,loud mouth 1 resonators and slp tips.some think is too loud,i find it a dream came true.:happydance:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.