Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW i cant believe how loud amd throaty they r!! IM scared of getting pulled over csuse they r so loud LOL:kooky: Is it just me or the SLP's r gas guzzlers?? Cause my gas just seems to be going Down and down, little by little....:eyebulge: Or is it just my foot????hahahha:winks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'm sorry... gotta joke with ya now...

Maybe you shoulda gotten a Honda... :winks (Big can no effect...)

How does it feel to have that Shaker 1000 you paid for but will never use again... :winks

LOL, kidding!

Now get mad and go get some power parts! :sterb:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the "ridiculous muffler-delete" club! Aren't they somethin'? :kooky:

Oh and by the way: IT'S YOUR LEAD-FOOT, not the SLPs, dragging your MPGs down! :laughlitt

~Moses

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha yea ur soo right lol. O and yes about that 1000 watt lol WHO NEEDS IT!?? lol But i love that shaker..ill always be using it!:kooky:

·
Registered
394 Posts
How much are they?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
298..free shipping...........lmperformance.com, haha there awesome:laughlitt ...im just alittle cautious about the cops stoping me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
sound clips

SOUND CLIPS

anyone i like to here them>> :drool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt do the installation...my local muffler shop did. Not hard at all...it took about 30 min to 1 hour(forgot). The only problem i saw was the driver side hanger needed to be cut alittle..to fit properly. Other than that it went fast. I LUV THE RESULTS!! I just hope i dont get pulled over:eyebulge:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love my SLP'S!! I'm also glad i bought them when I did because I only paid $224 for mine. I don't know the big increase now.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
very simple install....no cutting required...

It took me about 1 hour to install and line up perfectly by myself.

I went through a DUI checkpoint with 18 cops and they made no comment on how loud my stang is

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not fond of the popping... Reminds me of the glasspack days.

From what I read in MMAFF, the stock ones aren't that bad. Any gains you get via aftermarket, you probably won't feel. I'd call it a sound mod more so than a performance mod. I'm looking at the Flowmasters myself. I've heard all the sound clips, but I would be interested in those of you that have installed them and your opinions. Do you like em? Any drone? I had flowmater 2 chambers on my 96 Cobra, I got alot of drone (loud!) on the highway at certain RPMS...

·
Registered
867 Posts
I originally installed the loudmouths on my convertible. They were way too truckish for my taste so I removed them and put on Flowmaster American Thunders. This is more like it. Deep, loud and no harshness. Can get a little droning under load - the car is an automatic. Nothing beats that 4 inch tip though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts