Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the SLP Loudmouths and they sound amazing. For some reason the passenger side tail pipe hangs lower than the driver side one. Anyone have same problem and do you have a fix? Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine were the same after installing. Turned out I hadn't shoved the portion of the pipe which fits up behind the axel on far enough. I loosened everything back up, got that part on all the way, adjusted the tip, and it looks perfect.

G

·
A while back, some posted that some of the exhaust hangers were fixed to the vehicle upside down... There were a few threads on the issue... think maybe back in march. Might look at that or what 05SB said. I'm still runnin stock exhaust until I recover from paying property taxes this year. '-)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That's funny, my passenger tailpipe hangs lower than the drivers side. EVery1 thinks it is just me though. I have stock mufflers though. Did they do something wrong at the factory?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I was looking at other forums for the same thing and apparently other people were having the same problem. No big deal though. I took her to a local muffler shop and they just stuck some big metal pipe in each one and tugged HARD and I guess bent them to be even. I asked him about it and he said bolt-ons are rarely exact. Anyway, they are perfectly even.

Another thing I noticed is that if you want the "SLP" logo to show on these pipes, they have to stick out pretty far. I do not care much about the name showing so I had them tuck the tip to be flush with the rear bumper. Now they look perfect. Thanks for the great replies.

P.S. He also mentioned that the bolts were a little loose so make sure yall check them clamps after about a week. He said they need some abuse to stay strong. :tongue

John

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, same problem, too. Passenger, and all. I can adjust it to be even with the left pipe, but the next time I check, it's low again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts