Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrightt i wanna know if the loudmouths sound any better and/or different than the pypes muffler deletes...i was gunna go with the lm's...but the 100$ price diff is pushin me to the pypes...opinions??...help??

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You must love, a loud exhaust system. SLP Loudmouth's, you can't hear yourself think. I don't know what the Pypes system, sounds like but if it's anything like the SLP plan on attracting the wrong attention in Black and White, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup If you really want to hear, what your car sounds like with different systems go to,: www.mustangexhaust.com.

·
Registered
411 Posts
SLP's aren't that bad unless you pair them with an o/r mid pipe. I have them with the stock mid pipe and get compliments all the time.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't know what pypes sound like but I've heard flowmaster and boomtones and the slp's sound awesome!

·
Registered
937 Posts
They'll sound the same. Both are just straight pipes.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i'm pretty sure a lot of people that i drive by at WOT are pretty pissed. they are loud, but it's fun. if you like the sound of muscle cars then just buy them SLP's already. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i would buy the slp's over the pypes for the better fitment the slp's provide over the pypes.... it a better quality product thats why your paying 100 more for it.

I have MAC boomtubes and love them! just dont run a system like the LM's or boomtubes with an aftermarket midpipe or LT headers and it wont get too loud.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
The SLPs are actually a double walled resonator so they're a little quieter than a straight pipe. They sound fine with an otherwise stock exhaust system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i really wamnted the slps but i didnt have enough money :( so i took it to a muffler shop and they custom made muffler delets for $80 sounds awesome espeacially through tunnels:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ok...just read my post and I saw that I wrote boomtones...I know that it is boomtubes...I'm blaming my iPhone....but I can't figure out how to edit my post - my bad.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The SLPs are actually a double walled resonator so they're a little quieter than a straight pipe. They sound fine with an otherwise stock exhaust system.
+1 on this. Plus, Pypes doesn't have a great rep for fitment. You might end up spending the extra $100 on welding.

If you don't plan to get any other exhaust mods EVER (i.e. headers, O/R midpipe), then get the SLP's. Otherwise, don't get either one of these exhausts because you will regret it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ordered Kooks Long Tube Headers and Hpipe with cats. Hope I like them. They are expensive as Hell. I have Ford Racing Mufflers. Should not be too lound and should also give a throatier sound. The x pipes I have heard just sound to raspy and end up sounding more like a tuner car than a muscle car. I agree with prior post though go to some of the websites listed below and check out the differences. But as always you pay for what you get (most of the time).

·
Registered
937 Posts
I stand corrected. I know the Pypes are just plain 2.5" pipe with a tip. I thought the Loudmouths were just long tips. :hihi:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.