Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had SLP loudmouths on my 07 Mustang gt/cs. They sound awesome and all, just they are not enough for my liking. I was just wondering what else i should do to my exhaust (which everything is stock) to make it sound louder and meaner?

·
Registered
537 Posts
You could get an offroad midpipe. I am running an o/r h pipe with slps on mine and it is incredibly loud. If you have to worry about emissions try the hi flow catted midpipes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Headers and a midpipe would do you some good. If you plan on running SLP headers, I HIGHLY advise against running an O/R midpipe. I run a full SLP exhaust; long tubes/catted X/Loudmouths and it is LOUD. I shutter (and not in a good way) to think of what it would sound like with an O/R midpipe.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I ran SLP headers, O/R X and LMs for a short time. It was god awful. The Loudmouths went bye-bye after a very short time.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I like the idea of adding a catted mid-pipe and full lenght headers (to my existing SLP's) - a few questions:

Should I run an X or H midpipe (can X come with cats)?

How does the SLP full length headers compare to other brands?

How much louder is it....? When I installed my SLP (replacing my stock mufflers) - I had a grin from ear to ear...what can I expect from the headers/mid pipe?

Stlwagon - what do you mean by god awful (I hope this is a good god awful) - why did you get rid of your SLP loudmouths?

Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like the idea of adding a catted mid-pipe and full lenght headers (to my existing SLP's) - a few questions:

Should I run an X or H midpipe (can X come with cats)?
You can run whichever you like. If I recall correctly, SLP longtubes are meant to go with their X pipe and it is a direct bolt on connection, but you can always get a good exhaust shop to fabricate an H pipe for you if that's what you want to go with.

Yes, the X can come with cats.

How does the SLP full length headers compare to other brands?
I cannot give you a definitive answer to this question, as SLP are the only headers I've had experience with. I can tell you that they are wonderful quality. I don't know about gains because I have not ever put my car on a dyno.

How much louder is it....? When I installed my SLP (replacing my stock mufflers) - I had a grin from ear to ear...what can I expect from the headers/mid pipe?
If you run the long tubes/catted X/Loudmouths you will undoubtedly have the loudest Mustang in town, to put it bluntly. Just putting on the Loudmouths sounds quite louder than stock, but adding the headers and midpipe really make the car scream.

Stlwagon - what do you mean by god awful (I hope this is a good god awful) - why did you get rid of your SLP loudmouths?
Since he was running an O/R pipe, there was nothing there to muffle the sound. No cats + no mufflers = a horribly loud exhaust (and not in a good way). Like I previously said, I run a catted X and it is almost on the verge of being too loud.

He most likely got rid of the Loudmouths to quiet the car down some and probably got an axle-back that has some kind of muffler on it to combat the loudness of the long tubes and the O/R pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.