Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking opinions on whether matching SLP Loudmouths with JBA Long Tube Headers and Catted H Pipe will be too overly loud. Also installing FRPP Hotrod Cams, I definately am looking for as radical sound, but don't want to set off neighbor's alarms and wake the kids 2 blocks away unless I'm FOT. Regular day to day driving...modestly accelerating...is this going to drive me crazy in the driver's seat. I'm currently running Magnapack exaust.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would start with long tube headers with a catted H pipe... if you want it louder then cut-off the cats, and if you would like it quieter, then get a quieter muffler from Magnaflow, if you like the way your car sounds right now.

Im currently running Magnaflow mufflers ( not the Magnapack ) with a off-road H pipe. Its pretty loud... But only when you get on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i think the SLP setup ould be too much..try Borla or FRPP mufflers. dont get me wrong, i LOVE loud nasty mustangs..but the SLPs are raspy. go with Borla or FRPP..maybe even bassani??

·
Registered
389 Posts
i think the SLP setup ould be too much..try Borla or FRPP mufflers. dont get me wrong, i LOVE loud nasty mustangs..but the SLPs are raspy. go with Borla or FRPP..maybe even bassani??
I run full SLP and it is loud, but not raspy in the least. I love it and I'd get the same exhaust if I had to do it all over again.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
slp lm1s for the 99-04 may be raspy but the slp for the s197 isnt raspy at all I love mine!!! :winks

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
+2 on SLP not being too raspy. To the OP, SLP with L/T might be too loud. If you have SLPs already, keep them and have resonators or round 3.5 or 4" muffler welded into the over the axle pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.