Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear ended like 4 weeks ago, and I thought I would take this oppertunity to add true dual exhaust to my 05 V6

The body shopped ordered me the GT bumper cover instead of the the V6. And from my good friends James, and Lisa from the LLR I picked up two take off GT Mufflers and beautiful chrome tips...

Had a custome H pipe fabricated from Gordon's Riteway Muffler, turned out great and its sounds wonderful.

Next up will be painting the rocker covers and mirrors to match...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
looks just like a gt rear end. I think. Mines been in the garage too long. I'll be out soon now that most of the salt/sand has washed off the roads.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Really good thinking & implementation on your part to take advantage of that situation. Looks nice.

G

·
nothing like fessing up to a little insurance fraud...:sterb: :kooky: :winks ....gtnos, pretend you didnt hear that.

·
Registered
599 Posts
smooth move.............looks great! :winks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nghtrnnr said:
nothing like fessing up to a little insurance fraud...:sterb: :kooky: :winks ....gtnos, pretend you didnt hear that.
No fraud about it... Gt bumper cover is the same exact price as the V6...

G

·
lets see...if it isnt the same exact part that was insured by the insurer..it is defined as insurance fraud in the law...no biggie...i just through that out there...its a non debateable fact.....and the bumper cover parts are not the same price....no biggie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nghtrnnr said:
lets see...if it isnt the same exact part that was insured by the insurer..it is defined as insurance fraud in the law...no biggie...i just through that out there...its a non debateable fact.....and the bumper cover parts are not the same price....no biggie
V6 bumper cover is 206.00 and the GT bumper cover was 209.00 so your right... they aren't the same price...

State farm owed it to me anyway, my back is killing me and I had to drive a compact car for 2 days lol...

·
Registered
599 Posts
More than likely, his body shop ate the difference, as a favor. The only time i had major repairs, the shop manager fixed an ugly ass door ding, that had nothing to do with the accident. It is just a common courtesy.:)

G

·
ahem...:winks 2 guys walk in a pharmacy...1 guy steals a pen...the other guy steals a stereo....do they both go to the same jail?...anyway..the bumper cover looks great...the dual exhaust looks great...grats to you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.