Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter I picked up a set of the 16" 94-98 OEM five spoke aluminum Mustang GT wheels with BFG drag radials on them for my 02 GT to correct my traction issues at the dragstrip. My question is will they (16" wheels) fit over the brakes on my '11? I ordered a base GT with the 18" wheels. (Did not get the Brembo brake package). Any input would be appeciated, thank you.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here's a better picture :winks
I went with the 18" polished aluminum wheels, stock brakes.
Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Vehicle

I think I'm going to change out the rims and the tires next year for something more appropriate for a track.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some pics from a guy that bought a sharp looking Candy Red with the 18" wheels....the "regular" brakes are pretty big...looking at the wheel pic, I don't think so.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...-who-ordered-2011-mustang-11.html#post2113844
Here's a better picture :winks
I went with the 18" polished aluminum wheels, stock brakes.
View attachment 103332

I think I'm going to change out the rims and the tires next year for something more appropriate for a track.
Yeah the non-Brembo brakes do look pretty big, it doesn't look like my 16's will fit to me either now seeing those pics. Guess I'll have to make sure when the car gets here then start looking for 17's w/ DR's. Thanks for the input guys :).

By the way, nice car Doppler :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Mustang V6 with 16" Factory wheels on it. I know somebody selling their 18" 10 Spoke Polished aluminum wheels they took off of their 2011 Mustang GT. I am thinking about buying them to put on my car but want to make sure they will fit without any modifications, etc. Here is a picture of the wheels he is selling.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2006 Mustang V6 with 16" Factory wheels on it. I know somebody selling their 18" 10 Spoke Polished aluminum wheels they took off of their 2011 Mustang GT. I am thinking about buying them to put on my car but want to make sure they will fit without any modifications, etc. Here is a picture of the wheels he is selling.
They will fit, you're adding to your rotational weight, but they'll fit without modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts