Registered
6,274 Posts

·
Registered
46,010 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Correction of misinformation in the above link.....

The aluminum driveshaft is 3.5" in diameter with is larger than the stock steel one......
Sorry Reg but my information's correct. I still have my original driveshaft in the house and it's definitely 3.5" in diameter, though it does neck down in the last 6 inches of each end to 3" diameter whereas the FRPP driveshaft is 3.5" along the whole length.

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry Reg but my information's correct. I still have my original driveshaft in the house and it's definitely 3.5" in diameter, though it does neck down in the last 6 inches of each end to 3" diameter whereas the FRPP driveshaft is 3.5" along the whole length.
That maybe the case with your car/SN95......

I have never seen that .......

But according 99% of the world the FRPP alumium driveshat is bigger than a stock unit......

i know my stock driveshaft is 3" dia. ........

But generally speaking your info is wrong........

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Don't waste your money on a $100 delete pulley. Just get a $20 belt instead.

I have my smog pump and AC bypassed and I just bought a shorter belt. Works like a charm and is definitely much cheaper than the pulley. :bigthumbsup

Don't expect much gain... It'll free up maybe 5HP at the wheels at the most. But it's free HP, and the smog pump is a waste of space, weight, and HP if you don't have to pass emissions.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That maybe the case with your car/SN95......

I have never seen that .......

But according 99% of the world the FRPP alumium driveshaft is bigger than a stock unit......

i know my stock driveshaft is 3" dia. ........

But generally speaking your info is wrong........
Come on Reg, how can it be wrong? I measured both my old stock driveshaft and my FRPP driveshaft diameters with a caliper. Probably 99% of the world has never actually measured the two driveshafts and that could be how misinformation gets around.
Maybe the Fox driveshaft is 3" but definitely not the SN95.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
+1 on the shorter belt. thats what i did, but i also removed the pump itself. i couldnt tell ya on the gains, because i never drove the engine with the pump on it, it was an engine swap

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here you go guys. Since I document everything done to my car I have a side by side comparison of the stock 95 gt unit next to the FRPP one. Kinda hard to tell but I thought the aluminum one was bigger. I thought this was common being since it's aluminum they had to make it bigger to have the same strength of the stock steal piece. It does look like their the same size except for the stock one at the ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I still have my original driveshaft in the house and it's definitely 3.5" in diameter, though it does neck down in the last 6 inches of each end to 3" diameter whereas the FRPP driveshaft is 3.5" along the whole length.
It does look like their the same size except for the stock one at the ends.
Thanks for confirming what I said earlier. :gringreen

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah I saw that Reg so I think we can put to bed the myth that the FRPP driveshaft is bigger in diameter than the stock SN95 unit (except for the last few inches at each end). :)
Whichever way you look at it, any RWHP gain from swapping in an FRPP driveshaft is going to be tiny so you'd do it for other reasons (weight reduction, raising driveshaft critical speed to compensate for steeper axle gears).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.