Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I was headin to school (the local community college) when I pull up next to an early 1990's Talon TSi at a red light. I look over and see that its some punk high school kid with a big ol fart can hangin under his bumper, so i just sat there and ignored him. I didnt think much of it until he starts revving and inching forward like he wants to race. Im thinkin "stupid kid!" and when the light turns green i punch it and wind out first gear (to about 40mph) then coast to the next red light, leaving him a few bus lengths behind (I don't think he tried very hard, if at all). He pulls up next to me again and this time he's pissed, so he starts revvin to the moon like he still wants to race... Well anyway we were only a block away from the police station and stopped at a very busy intersection, but i was starting to get irritated at the hornet's nest buzzing next to me, so without making a conscious decision i revved up a bit, dumped the clutch, and hit the brakes for a 5,000 rpm burnout... I dont kno how long i powerbraked but it seemed like forever, and when i looked in my reaview and to my left there was nothing but white. Then i looked over at Talon Boy and he was starin at me like this::shocked: with his jaw dropped down on the pavement... when the smoke cleared i just sat there feelin real good :to_cool: and didnt even notice the light turn green... Turns out there was another fox mustang behind me and a camaro behind the talon and both drivers were givin the thumbs up. :rockwoot:

Note: Later on i realized what the turbo awd Talons are capable of and chances are he woulda beat me in a real race. But i didnt care, because the look on the kid's face was priceless! Even though i was cruisin in an essentially stock Fox (and i aint one to go around thinkin im the fastest guy around), it was nice to show up the little punk.

·
Registered
122 Posts
that was a great story i enjoyed reading it and nice job adding the smilies. its nice to have mustangs around you while showing off. they take your side. for example

one day i was driving next to a middle aged man, maybe in his 30's and he was in a '08 Shelby gt500
even though i was jealous we still talked at the red lights (that day i hit EVERY red light) then some idiot in a 1990 camaro pulled up next to me so he was in between me and the gt500 he pealed out when the light turned green and very ironically at the next red light me AND THE GT500 peeled out at the same time
he looked shocked
in fact i was shocked that the timing couldnt be any better

too bad some random person didnt film it
it wouldve been the best mustang peel out at a red light video anyone would have seen. and it was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY COOL

i am still shocked

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Funny story. I hate those high school punks drivin around with their fart cans thinkin they are bad. You said it was or wasnt a turbo? Everyone underestimates the turbo talons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya it was a turbo Talon... I saw the kid at a gas station a coupla months later and took a look at the engine and sure enough it was turbo'd! It looked like it hadnt been modified at all but im pretty sure his stock Talon would beat my stockish Fox.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i still think talons have no play.. theres some kids around here running 20+psi and they go nowhere.. :bigthumbsup: keep shutting them shits down we need to get them off the road.

·
Registered
83 Posts
well i think you could have taken the talon i once raced a awd tsi with a front mount intercooler and a bost controler. and all my car had was a 145K mile stock h.o. and a set of long tubes a cam way to big and it was non mass air.. and i blew his doors off! it was priceless.. all i could here at the next stop light was holy $^*t that thing beat my all wheeler man!!! lol great times!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.