Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but had to do it.
Pulled up to a light in which my lane ended just after the intersection.
I was right next to 04 F-350 Turbo Diesel.
Then this guy creeps light and jams on it.
Black smoke everywhere.
He jumped about one second before the green.
So not wanting to get stuck waiting for the line of cars behind him to let me over (and to not let a truck stomp me) I jammed it to half throttle and took off.
He had 1/2 the length of that long crew cab on me and a 2 second jump on the throttle reaction time (I waited for the Green).
Smoked his big black smokin behind before we crossed the intersection.
Some peoples kids... Go figure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
was it a dually.
and no S you smoked him that truck weighs in excess of 6000lbs. my dad has an 04 f-250 with a six speed damn that thing is fun when you hit 3000rpm the torque throws you in the back of the seat.

but still nice kill

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There was a 4 door at the track a few weeks ago running 12s. :eyebulge: :worship

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasnt a dually and might have hit 3/4 throttle, but definatly not WOT.
I dont like to stomp Fords but circumstances what they were...
Ok I cant resist a good short drag race.
:drool:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Fun Fun !!

There is allot of trucks that want to go...!! Most Fords, dunno if they are proud of their 'little sister Stang' and want to see if she's grown up...??

I WANT TO take out the Dodges because they look like 10 second cars, and the owners think they are... :evillol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tominator said:
There was a 4 door at the track a few weeks ago running 12s. :eyebulge: :worship
ya there is a company, i forget which, that sells turbokits for trucks, along with cars too. But my brother was thinking about getting one for his 04 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L Vortech, it would put his truck in the 13's and its a huge truck. Ill see if i can find the web site, its crazy...

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
prolly banks egineering they make chips and they sell exhaust kits, gauges, intercoolers, boost tubes, and various other parts
ive been trying to convince my dad to buy some stuff and make his truck haul but he doesnt want to void the warranty.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah I saw something about STS on 2 Guys Garage one day. I was thoroughly convinced that they're crazy mounting a turbo so close to the gas tank and there would be ridiculous turbo lag also. From the videos I saw on the website, there doesn't seem to be much lag at all. The wheels are turning now.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
My dad's Silverado duramax diesel is so damn fun to drive, it feels way different than a car because you're high, and it has upwards of 750 ft lbs of torque!! It's incredibly fast, but he has absolutely no upgrades except for a performance chip, which is essentially just "unlokcing" the power the engine already has, Chevy limits it to 310 horses stock, with a chip my dad can get 470.

He has a friend with a Dodge turbo Diesel that did some work on the fuel ports, he dialated them or something to make it squirt more gas into every cylinder. I've never heard of that kind of upgrade before but with that and minor breathing mods, and raising the psi on his turbo a bit he put his truck into the 11's he regularly smokes all kinds of mustangs, fbods, and even a corvette once.

I'd love to see that in a car, but it's not easy, apparently only the "tough as nails" diesel engines can survive that kind of torture, and it cuts their lifespan in half. Otherwise it could last for over 300k miles.

But yeah, my dads a truck nut so he tells me all that kinda crap all day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.