Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used VHT nite shades? im thinking of using it on my 1998 Gt and was wondering if it's a good choice or if it's going to be a waste of time/money

·
Registered
286 Posts
Has anybody used VHT nite shades? im thinking of using it on my 1998 Gt and was wondering if it's a good choice or if it's going to be a waste of time/money

Well first off i havent used those so i dont really know how good they are or what they are like but just a suggestion, I dont know if u have had any experience in any kind of auto paint and body, but what i have done on my past few vehicles is remove the headlights and/or tailights, scuff the heads and/or tails with a light scuff pad, preferably a grey one. afterwards tape off everything but the lenses, now what you need to do is get the clearcoat that you would put on a car and you are slowly drop by drop going to add black paint to it. apply how ever many coats as nessesary to get your head and tails to where u want them. They will come out with a nice shine and they will last forever as long as you do things right, if u dont know how to do it yourself, i am sure u could take them to an auto paint and body shop and explain to them what i have told you and they will know what to do. Shouldnt really be too expensive either, not trying to change your mind just a suggestion, if u need an idea of what it will look like you can take a look at my 2001 Bullitt. Hope everything turns out well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice and your bullitt does look awesome. a few of my friends have used the niteshade and liked it so i think thats the route im gonna go. as long as i use nice light layers they should turn out decent. and then hit it with some clear

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks for the advice and your bullitt does look awesome. a few of my friends have used the niteshade and liked it so i think thats the route im gonna go. as long as i use nice light layers they should turn out decent. and then hit it with some clear

Thanks, I like it alot,and I keep it as clean as possible, and thats cool man , i was just throwing an idea out there. you should put some pics up man, i would love to see what your rollin in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts