Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
manual or auto? GT or v6?

In the event you have a GT manual, this is how I started out.... find a big vacant paved area with some privacy. dump the clutch at about 4500/5000 rpm and stomp on the gas - don't sidestep the clutch, apparently this is very bad. Be prepared for the back end to be a bit squirley. Or do the same with right foot on break and gas. The back end will bounce around a lot until the tires are hot - apply more gas until rear end stops bouncing, then you can let up a bit on the gas. It takes a while to determine the least amount of break to prevent rolling. practice practice

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was headed home the other day, and by my house there are a bunch of burn out marks on the street. I decided to add my own. There was a teenage guy and girl walking on the same street. I went about a block past them (their back was to me) and I did a burn out. The noise scared that poor girl so bad she jumped a foot off the ground. I felt kind of bad for scaring her like that.

·
Registered
465 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
The same principal applies in either case, either engine provides an equal burnout opportunity. If you have an auto, from a complete stop, hold your foot on the brake whilst pressing the accelerator, watch your tachometer reach around 2000 RPM & release the brake. If you are new to this, I suggest you find dry pavement in a large parking lot or deserted street where you won't harm yourself or anyone else.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
nonsensez9 said:

In the event you have a GT manual, this is how I started out.... find a big vacant paved area with some privacy. dump the clutch at about 4500/5000 rpm and stomp on the gas - don't sidestep the clutch, apparently this is very bad. Be prepared for the back end to be a bit squirley. Or do the same with right foot on break and gas. The back end will bounce around a lot until the tires are hot - apply more gas until rear end stops bouncing, then you can let up a bit on the gas. It takes a while to determine the least amount of break to prevent rolling. practice practice

What does "sidestep" the clutch mean??

·
Registered
622 Posts
EETRob said:
What does "sidestep" the clutch mean??
slip your foot off the side of the clutch rather than lifting your foot. I haven't tried it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts